3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“3M’s culture is driven by curious, spirited and collaborative people who are constantly asking ‘What if?’ And the many talents of 3Mers around the globe have me incredibly excited about what’s to come next.” – Kristen Ludgate, senior vice president of Human Resources at 3M
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Senior Application Engineer for Energy Grid Modernization, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world.
Here, you will make an impact by:
- End to End Management of smart grid systems including installation, data integration and management system.
- Interfacing with power utilities, EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) firms and large industrial firms of the Europe Middle East area to discover underserved needs in monitoring, protection, power quality, and asset health management areas in Medium Voltage (MV) distribution system for large scale deployment
- Perform testing in lab cross functional teams and at customer site to demonstrate solution functionalities and integration feasibility to customers’ electrical and communication infrastructure
- Interacting closely with the Sales team and Technical Lab inside 3M
- Perform installations at customer site that includes electrical and mechanical integration in MV distribution infrastructure, integration with instrumentation and controls components such as RTUs (Remote Terminal Unit) and controllers, and integration with customers’ communication infrastructure
- Providing training to stakeholders in 3M and in customer organization
- Gathering market insights based on technical Voice of Customer and secondary research
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- At least 4 years’ experience with sensorics equipped energy systems and controls by working in a Power utility, Electrical OEM, or Integrator/Consulting firm
- Experienced in power utility field/edge devices’ integration with power utility SCADA and communication systems using prevalent communication protocols
- Relevant experiences in power distribution system planning for Electric Vehicle infrastructure development
- Fluent English and Italian
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include
- Experienced with testing and simulation of telemetry devices in lab and field (grid) environments
- Capability to read and analyse customers data
- Experienced in authoring research papers and delivering presentations at global industry events (eg. CIRED, European Utility Week)
- Experienced in utility procurement and tendering process
Travel: May include up to 50% domestic and international travel
Location: the resource will be located at the headquarter of 3M Italy (Pioltello – MI)
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
*At 3M, diversity & inclusion are essential to innovation. We seek and value differences in people! This Job ad is addressed to all potential candidates. As an equal opportunity employer 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
If you want to discover more about D&I at 3M, please visit http://go.3M.com/4i9C
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.