You’ll primarily communicate with external developers through our community forum, over email, and in chat to help customers debug issues with their API integrations (airtable.com/api), scripts (try.airtable.com/scripting), and custom blocks (airtable.com/developers/blocks). You will relay product and user enablement feedback to inform broader company actions as we partner to lay the foundations of Airtable’s developer community. This role requires a love of learning, deep curiosity, and clear-writing skills. The right customer solution won't always be obvious, but you see this as part of the fun!
The role can be remote or based in our Austin or San Francisco office. As a member of Airtable’s frontline Support team, this role has fixed hours of 7am-3pm ET or 11am - 7pm PT.
What you’ll do
Who you are
- Provide exceptional technical support for new and experienced Airtable developers through email, chat, screen shares and in our community forum. Participate in some webinars.
- Develop deep Airtable product expertise, learning to model any kind of workflow, from editorial calendars for major publications to fire truck inventories for fire departments.
- Anticipate customer needs and problems before they surface; develop deep customer intuition to empower Airtable’s customers to achieve their goals.
- Identify technical escalations when necessary and write clear and concise bug reports for our platform engineering team to investigate.
- Help turn customer feedback into actionable product recommendations to inform future Product, Growth, Marketing, and Customer Support initiatives.
- Help train and educate the support team where there are knowledge gaps.
Bonus points if
- 2+ years of experience in a developer relations or technical support role.
- You are detail oriented and enjoy getting into the technical weeds.
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative and is energized even when a clear path isn’t laid out for you.
- Written communication is your forté; you can distill complicated topics into something clear and succinct.
- You are a natural teacher and are passionate about helping others fulfill their potential.
- You believe support can transform the user experience.
What we offer
- You are experienced in TypeScript
- You have experience setting up and using Airtable (personally or professionally)
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 65% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You’ll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- High Deductible Health Plan w/ Health Spend Account contribution
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- $200 monthly wellness stipend for you to use to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental Health Support
- Family Planning Support (fertility, adoption, surrogacy)
- Meals and Snacks: our offices are empty these days, but when we’re back we’ll continue to have high-quality catered lunches and well-stocked kitchens
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world. Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.