At Airtable, our mission is to democratize software creation. When groups of people are empowered by great software, they can accomplish incredible things together. But for many people, they don’t have access to perfect software: Off-the-shelf solutions aren’t customized to their unique workflows, and writing new software is expensive and time-consuming.
We’re working on a new way: Any person, no matter their technical ability, can create customized software to solve their exact, unique problems. We’re building towards a platform that everyone—from marketers to scientists to cattle ranchers to concert organizers—can use to build powerful, mission-critical software that accelerates their teams and businesses.
As we continue to publish our story, highlight the successes of our customers, and define Airtable as the cornerstone of the low-code movement, Airtable’s Brand Design team is looking for a Web Developer to strengthen our digital presence. We’re looking for a specialist with expertise in the unique challenges of building performant, accessible, and scalable interactive websites.
What you’ll do
Who you are
- Build easy-to-use and performant websites serving multiple partners across marketing and design
- Understand the technical constraints of a project, and make pragmatic tradeoffs with stakeholders
- Contribute to and maintain our interactive design system used across all digital properties
- Participate in the full development lifecycle, including estimation, design, development, testing, and deployment
- Collaborate with our design team via regular design critiques and working sessions
- Review and respond to operational issues, escalating as necessary
What we offer
- You are a specialist in website development and understand the nuances that contribute to an interactive experience
- You have experience leading a project from start to finish
- You understand the importance of accessibility and performance, such as code minification and media optimization
- You are familiar with the Jamstack paradigm and isomorphic design
- You have proven experience with Content Management Systems
- You have previously worked with in-house design teams
- You can express ideas to both technical and non-technical individuals
- You have in-depth knowledge of design principles and best practices
- You can define and propose projects in addition to building them
- You have excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- You have demonstrated critical-thinking, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- You are comfortable in a high-growth startup, can balance many simultaneous projects, and thrive in fast-paced environments
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 65% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You’ll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- High Deductible Health Plan w/ Health Spend Account contribution
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- $200 monthly wellness stipend for you to use to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental Health Support
- Family Planning Support (fertility, adoption, surrogacy)
- Meals and Snacks: our offices are empty these days, but when we’re back we’ll continue to have high-quality catered lunches and well-stocked kitchens
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world. Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.