About the opportunity:
The Customer Care platform team are part of ASOS Technology and we’re here to deliver the tools and technology to empower our Customer Care advisors to provide best in class customer service. This includes building cutting edge reporting that provides a real-time view of advisor productivity and gives Customer Care the insights needed to improve performance and enhance the customer experience. We’re also all about equipping our advisors with robust, scalable multi-channel solutions and the tools they need to be their best so within the CC platform team we’re continually incoming up with innovative new advisor centric tools and services.
Acting as a Lead QA in the CC Platform, you will champion best practices and assist teams in delivering high quality production software. You will be supporting multiple cross functional agile development teams to devise and implement context specific testing approaches and utilise technical testing techniques and tooling to deliver quality software and services to Customer Care.
Leading by example, you will be instrumental in elevating the testing practices within the teams as well as growing the software testing capability and coaching the software testers to develop their skills and knowledge.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with the Principal Software Engineer and QAs within the platform team to define QA vision and test strategy to be adopted by our teams
- Provide technical advice and guidance to agile teams around test strategies for both manual and automated tests
- Advising teams with regards to development standards, frameworks and guidance to maintain consistency throughout the software development lifecycle
- Helping teams to adopt CI/CD practices that will enable them to release with confidence.
- Providing technical leadership by sharing knowledge with others
- Leading and mentoring other QA Engineers across the domain, as needed
- Working with the Engineering Managers and Platform Leads to define the objectives for QAs within the team
- Working with the other Lead QAs to continuously improve testing and QA practices at ASOS
- Recruiting awesome QAs into the CC platform team at ASOS
- Supporting teams in adopting new tools and practices
- Work hands-on with teams when they require guidance and QA leadership
- Ensuring the right test tooling and frameworks and practices (e.g. shift-left) are in place to enable the teams to deliver against the business goals
Who we’d like to meet:
You’re an experienced Lead QA Engineer, who is passionate about delivering best in class experiences and are now ready to jump into a high visibility role and help shape the future of testing
- You’re experienced with coaching, mentoring and leading QAs
- Experience in creating, articulating and helping implement test strategies to cover both functional and non-functional testing, utilising automation and manual testing where appropriate
- Excellent understanding and practical experience of testing practices & principles e.g., TDD, BDD, ATDD, performance, security
- Testing microservices and cloud architectures
- Experience in championing and improving QA processes within agile teams, through collaboration and by being a key influencer.
- Experience in implementing processes that enable teams to achieve Continuous Deployment and release with confidence.
- Testing microservice architectures delivered using a combination of RESTful APIs and messaging.
- Experience in identifying and defining quality metrics to help determine overall quality of the product.
- Solid C# knowledge
- Good knowledge of SQL, cypress.io
- Automated test tools e.g. BDD, performance testing tools
- Exploratory testing tools e.g. Postman
- Security best practice e.g. OWASP top 10
- Cloud based development
- Continuous integration, testing and deployment
- Experience of agile and XP practices
- Software design patterns and principles e.g. SOLID
- Soft skills:
- Inquisitive mind – You are always asking: Why? What if this happens? How does it work?
- Continuous improvement – You enjoy working with others and are comfortable giving and receiving feedback to help raise standards and drive continuous improvements
- Amazing team player – You work as well in a team and are comfortable engaging with people in different roles and at different career levels
- Passionate about technology – You demonstrate a passion for learning and an ability to grasp technical concepts with ease.
- Understanding of database testing would be advantageous.
- Understanding of chatbots and AI models testing would be advantageous.
What's in it for you?
ASOS, we can offer you large scale, high performance and complex problems to solve to keep you busy. If that's not enough, you can also get involved in initiatives across the organisation to improve and contribute to the evolution and culture we're striving for here at ASOS.
We will give you a competitive salary, bonus scheme, and pension matching. As well as access to sample sales and a staff discount. Our flexible benefits focus on your health, wealth & inner self for you, your friends and family.
We are all equal!
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workforce. We believe in a world where you have the freedom to explore and express yourself without judgement, no matter who you are or where you’re from. Where you value yourself and feel proud of who you are. Where individuality is a source of confidence, because difference makes the world a better place.