About the Opportunity:
On the ASOS Android team, you will have the opportunity to join a group of top talents who adhere to best practices in everything they do. As a team, we never sit still, so if you have a knack for thinking up fresh ideas, love working in a fast paced and innovative environment, are passionate about technology and what it can do, we would love to get in touch with you!
Working on the Android team, you will help deliver value for more than 18 million active app installs (constantly growing) across both iOS and Android. Our Apps are loved by our customers worldwide and are 5 stars rated. We’ve been featured on the Play Store multiple times. We work closely with Google when launching all our features. Our native ASOS App is using the latest version of Kotlin.
The ASOS Apps team currently consists of six interdisciplinary sub-teams (three iOS, three Android) composed of Software Engineers, QA Engineers, Engineering Managers, Product Owners and Product Designers. We collaborate with the Web team and numerous API teams whose services we consume.
What you’ll be doing:
- Performing both manual tests and write automated tests in Espresso
- Testing new features of our Android shopping app, from early requirements stage through to production
- Collaborating closely with developers, UX/UI designers, Product Owners and other QAs
- Collaborating with external API teams during development
- Participating in stand ups, planning sessions and retrospectives
- Participating in process improvement that will benefit the quality of the app
- Contributing to writing acceptance criteria
- Raising and triaging bugs
- Helping us keep our Continuous Integration (CI) pipeline stable, fast and reliable
- Participating in frequent releases
- Proactively monitoring the current production versions of the app using tools like Crashlytics, New Relic and Google Play Console and reporting any identified issues
Who we’d like to meet?
- You are passionate about quality and about mobile apps
- You are familiar with established testing techniques and best practices and use these in your daily tasks
- You have an inquisitive mind and the ability to think outside the box
- You have experience working in an Agile environment
- You have hands-on experience testing native Android apps
- You have coding experience in Kotlin/Java. Additional languages are a plus.
- You have extensive experience with different aspects of testing including automation, exploratory testing and exposure to API testing in addition to front-end testing
- You have experience writing automated tests using Espresso or similar (e.g. Appium)
- You have hands-on experience with Continuous Integration (we currently use Azure to automate our pipeline but exposure to other relevant tools like TeamCity or Jenkins is sufficient)
- You use tools like Android Studio, Charles Proxy, Postman (or similar), and GitHub daily, and you don’t shy away from implementing your own ones if needed!
What's in it for you?
We will give you a competitive salary, bonus scheme, staff discount, sample sales and pension matching but also a fantastic bunch of flexible benefits that focus on your health, wealth & inner self for you and your friends and family.
We are all equal!We’re committed to creating an inclusive workforce. We believe in a world where you have the freedom to explore and express yourself without judgement, no matter who you are or where you’re from. Where you value yourself and feel proud of who you are. Where individuality is a source of confidence, because difference makes the world a better place.