About the role:
ASOS is looking for a passionate Android Engineer to join the Android Engineering team.
In this role you will be working to create exceptional native experiences for our customers. You will need to be an amazing technical contributor who thrives in busy environment. You will join a talented team of engineers who collaborate closely to deliver Android, iOS and APIs for our Android apps (and like to have fun while they do it!)
Here are some early considerations:
- App featured at the Google I/O 2019 Developer Keynote
- Kotlin first approach
- The code base uses Arch Components (ViewModel, LiveData, Room etc) and not to forget RxJava & Coroutines
- Featured by Google on several initiatives and in their case studies too.
- Potential of making an impact on millions of customers
- Never ending chance of experimenting with latest tech
- Over 10M+ downloads
- We have done some significant work to modularise the app and are continuing to follow best coding practises.
- Working with Hilt dependency injection
You'd fit the role if:
- Are an experienced Android developer / android engineer. 5+ years’ experience
- Are proficient with Kotlin
- Know RxJava / reactive programming
- Can find solutions to complex problems
- You can lead discussions on technical architecture and design
- You believe that all code is legacy code if it isn't unit tested
- Know agile / kanban and can work as part of a smaller cross-functional & feature focused team
- Can take ownership of big pieces of work, from the planning phase right through to execution and delivery
- Have a passion for quality and strong attention to detail
- Want to learn new technologies
- Have experience with or like mentoring junior engineers
We'd be super impressed if:
- You contribute to the Android community, through things like projects on GitHub, blog posts or giving talks
What's in it for you?
We will give you a competitive salary, bonus scheme, staff discount, sample sales and pension matching but also a fantastic bunch of flexible benefits that focus on your health, wealth & inner self for you and your friends and family.
We are all equal!
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workforce. We believe in a world where you have the freedom to explore and express yourself without judgement, no matter who you are or where you’re from. Where you value yourself and feel proud of who you are. Where individuality is a source of confidence, because difference makes the world a better place.