Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer
Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer who will be responsible for helping and leading in the support and management of the on-premise and cloud ASOS network platforms. This is a great opportunity for a person who has a very good mix of experience of the traditional and is excited about working on cloud environments and supported networking.
What you’ll be doing…
- Work closely with the Architecture function in the review of network designs and the agreement of standards, ensuring relevant operational aspects are considered.
- Deliver new projects and/or refine existing network capabilities as per design and against standards.
- Automate network tasks through scripting and the use of platform APIs; enable self-service for common requests, execution of periodic operational activities and validation of standards, etc...
- Work closely with Cyber Security to ensure access is controlled and the threat landscape managed as per policies.
- Support platform teams and development community with delivery of network requirements.
- Provide 24/7 support and administration of all on-premise and cloud network infrastructure services, including WAN, LAN, Wireless, Internet, Network Security, Azure Networking & Network Monitoring.
- Proactively monitor all network infrastructure services to ensure any threats, constraints and bottlenecks are highlighted and worked through to resolution.
- Support network colleagues with BAU by ensuring requests, incidents & problems are resolved within agreed SLAs, taking the lead on complex issues.
- Deliver change in a controlled manner ensuring risk and impact are clearly articulated and stakeholders informed.
- Carry out regular and periodic maintenance activities across all services.
- Support the team's efforts in proactively managing the software and hardware lifecycle of the various network platforms, carrying out upgrades as necessary.
- Take the lead on documenting standards, developing best practises and driving improvement of team and technical processes.
- Engage and work with 3rd parties for support and escalations.
- Take part in the team's on-call rota and support work outside of business hours.
- Mentor and support junior members of the team.
Who’d we like…
- Proactive, self-managing, with an ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Ability to deliver under pressure and with changing business requirements.
- Ability to present and articulate complex network scenarios with ease.
- Automation mindset, always looking for opportunities to automate where possible.
- Expert level knowledge of best practises and design of enterprise network, security and cloud architectures covering WAN, LAN, Wireless, Internet, Network Security, Azure and Network Monitoring.
- Expert level knowledge of networking fundamentals, supported with a strong understanding of protocols across all layers of the OSI model, particularly layers 2 and 3.
- Excellent knowledge of routing and switching platforms and technologies across Cisco and Meraki utilising IOS and NXOS.
- Excellent knowledge of security platforms and technologies, including appliances and NVAs across Checkpoint and Meraki.
- Excellent knowledge of wireless platforms and technologies spanning Meraki and Aruba solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of Azure fundamentals and networking architectures.
- Excellent ability to troubleshoot network issues, working through packet captures.
- Very good knowledge of load balancing and remote access solutions and technologies.
- Very good understanding of network monitoring platforms.
- Very good knowledge of security threat management concepts and technologies, including AMP, IDS & IPS.
- Knowledge of ITIL methodology with a very good understanding of Request Fulfilment, Incident, Problem & Change Management.
- Meraki CMNO
- Azure Administrator certification
- Checkpoint CCSE R80.x certification
- CCIE certification
- Practical experience of implementation and administration of Cisco Routing and Switching product platforms and technologies; 3700s, 4500s, 6800s, 9300s, Nexus 9300s.
- Practical experience of implementation and administration of layer 2 and 3 protocols; MST, PVST, Rapid-PVST, dot1q, UDLD, VSS, VRFs, layer 3 routing protocols with emphasis on OSPF, EIGRP and BGP.
- Practical experience of implementation and administration of security products and technologies; Checkpoint enterprise appliances, Cloudguard IAAS, Meraki MXs.
- Practical experience of implementation and administration of the full suite of Meraki Wireless & Switching platforms and supported technologies.
- Practical experience of administration of Internet and WAN services; MPLS, Leased Lines and Site-to-Site VPNs.
- Practical experience in the administration of Azure Networking with focus on EXPRESSROUTE, Azure VPN, Azure Firewall, deployment and management of Checkpoint NVA, all based on a strong understanding of Azure fundamentals.
- Practical experience in the administration of LogicMon and ThousandEyes or other similar network monitoring tools for availability, performance and capacity management.
- Experience of utilizing Wireshark type tools for analysing packet captures when troubleshooting issues.
- Experience of working with 3rd party service providers, partners, managed services and vendors for delivery of services, escalations or issue resolution.