About the role:
ASOS is a unique and forward-thinking company and understands the opportunities data and technology has on driving the business forward. Data and analytics remain a key priority focus area and the QA team will be at the heart of driving new insights within the organisation. You will need to have a real passion for data, and a desire to work with latest Azure technologies. Working within the Data Services platform, you will be delivering best in class datasets and analytics solutions.
What you will be doing
Your role as a Quality Assurance Engineer to ensure that the software delivered is of the highest quality. To achieve this, you will use a variety of quality engineering practices and test tools throughout the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and help the team to achieve their best. You will also have chances to work with other agile teams to improve quality across the company.
- Work in an Agile team, participate in scrum ceremonies, and actively undertake sprint tasks
- Work closely with business analysts in defining the acceptance criteria, allocating story points, supporting user acceptance testing, and ensuring on-time closure of defects.
- Pair with developers to deliver high quality software
- Define test approach/strategy for our enterprise reporting, BI (Business Intelligence), and analytics requirements
- Use a test-first approach to create automated unit, integration, acceptance, and performance tests
We’d like to meet people with:
- Experience in automation testing and test automation frameworks
- Ability to define test strategies for teams
- Understand CI/CD concepts and implement continuous testing practices
- Strong background in testing BI, analytics, and data solutions, with an appreciation of some of the difficulties of working with large data volumes and data loading patterns (ETL, ELT, LETS).
- Use Specification by Example/BDD to help the team reach a consensus on what they are delivering and how.
- Automate tests using SpecFlow and C#, although experience with other Gherkin-based tools and OOP languages will be considered if a strong aptitude for learning can be demonstrated.
- Good understanding of general relational database theory and data warehousing
- Understand SQL queries, functions, and stored procedures
- Experience in object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the Microsoft Azure cloud computing platform or any other similar cloud platform
- Learn new technologies quickly and troubleshoot issues independently
- Suggest new ideas and initiatives for continuous improvement
- Actively listen, respect fellow team members’ views, accept own mistakes, and proactively take steps to avoid repeating them
Additional nice to have’s:
- Understand test practices in the data domain
- Experience using Azure DevOps and Azure pipelines
- Working knowledge of the test tools, frameworks, and practices available and appropriate to each phase of software delivery, such as TDD (Test Driven Development), BDD (Behaviour Driven Development)
What's in it for you?
We will give you a competitive salary, bonus scheme, staff discount, sample sales and pension matching but also a fantastic bunch of flexible benefits that focus on your health, wealth & inner self for you and your friends and family.
We are all equal!We’re committed to creating an inclusive workforce. We believe in a world where you have the freedom to explore and express yourself without judgement, no matter who you are or where you’re from. Where you value yourself and feel proud of who you are. Where individuality is a source of confidence, because difference makes the world a better place.