Atlassian is looking for an exceptional developer to join our new Marketplace team in Bengaluru which is responsible for one of the largest enterprise ecosystems in the world. You will be a founding member of the team that has full autonomy to evolve the platform, make key technical decisions and partner with local product managers and designers to deliver business value. You will collaborate with the Ecosystem team as well as product teams such as JIRA and Confluence based in Sydney, San Francisco and Mountain View.
Want to unleash the full potential of Atlassian's customers and our partner developer community? Join our team to expand the footprint of your impact!
Where you'll make an impact
You and your team will be responsible for the Atlassian Marketplace, which has USD 350M in life-time revenue and is experiencing accelerated growth. It is crucial not only to Atlassian's own success, but also to the success of our customers who find key business and productivity benefits across the 4k+ apps and our 1k+ global partner developers who build them.
You'll be instrumental in architecting, building, operating, and optimizing the code that powers the Atlassian Marketplace storefronts, user experience, data model, analytics, service APIs, and more. You'll champion new features and improvements while also reducing technical debt through all phases of the software development lifecycle.
You’ll be among the first few developers to join our Bengaluru office and will have the unique opportunity to help us to build the teams, shape the culture, develop a center of excellence and establish a strong brand for the center within all Atlassian communities.
More about you On your first day, we'll expect you to have/be:
● 4+ years of experience designing and building production-level web applications
● Highly proficient with at least one backend technology such as Java or Node.js
● Strong analytical thinking and creative problem solving skills
● Deep architectural understanding of web applications
● Strong design skills for fault tolerant and scalable architecture
● Able to have a strong impact while working independently or in a team
● Effectively mentor junior team members to help them unleash their full potential
● A quick learner who loves to explore new languages and frameworks
And if you've got some of these skills, even better:
● Hands-on experience working with or building e-commerce products or platforms
● An understanding of functional programming, in particular Scala
● Experience with NoSQL databases (especially MongoDB)
● Experience monitoring and operating a production-level service
● Excitement about the latest trends in application design
● Experience with agile software development methodologies like Kanban or Scrum
Millions of users globally rely on Atlassian products every day for improving software development, project management, collaboration, and code quality.