We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
What will you be doing?
We’re looking for an exceptional Full Stack Engineer
You will be part of the Clinical Terminology and Reference Team where we build and maintain the schema of Babylon clinical knowledge. We use Kanban and deliver in 4-6 week milestones. You will be working on the Knowledge Portal allowing information architects and doctors to manage, explore and validate clinical terminologies and data schemata compliant with FHIR. We work closely with doctors, AI researchers and data scientists to close the loop between the collection of relevant clinical feedback and improvement of our products for future releases.
We are looking for a full time and permanent full-stack engineer. You may have more experience in, or have a primary focus on backend or frontend, but you are interested in developing your skills for both.
We look forward to hearing from you. A few quick notes on basic requirements to consider before you apply.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Development work towards the Clinical Terminology and Reference products in both frontend and backend
- Participating in discovery tasks to identify, evaluate and de-risk promising lines of work
- Contributing to team sessions (knowledge sharing, retros, lots of brainstorming!)
- You have strong backend (Java, OOP, relational databases) and frontend (React, HTML, CSS, etc) with varying levels of competency are allowed in either the backend/frontend requirements but you must be willing to learn the other
- You take pride in the quality of your work and value unit, integration and end to end tests
- You make sure that every decision is data-driven and documented
- You are used to working in relation with UX/UI designers and ( backend ) engineers
- You understand continuous integration and delivery (we use e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, CircleCI, Jenkins)
- Plus points for familiarity with Spring Boot
Qualifications and Experience
- BA and/or MSc Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Competitive salary package including share scheme
- Free Babylon for you and your family
- One of the nicest offices you’ll ever see, located in Liverpool Street
- Free healthy breakfast, and snacks
- On site table tennis and video game competitions
- Regular social gatherings and an intimate, collaborative environment
- A real entrepreneurial spirit and drive to make a tangible difference in the world
- Free weekly yoga or football sessions
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- BUPA health and life insurance