We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
What will you be doing?
Building products within Health Management Tribe. Health Management currently comprises three different squads.
-Condition Management: Treatment of chronic conditions starting with Diabetes
- Test and Kits: Providing health tests to patients starting with Blood Tests to patients, e.g Full Blood Count, Thyroid, Liver etc
- Monitor: Creation of Health Plans to change member habits
We have backend SpringBoot java services running in Kubernetes. UIs are Web (ReactJS), native iOS and native Android.
Your role would likely look like this:
- Writes high quality, testable code, and conduct code reviews as a matter of routine
- Understand projects technical architecture and how it contributes to business goals.
- Provides technical expertise to team and others, analyze problems and propose solutions.
- Contributes to team goals. May own area within larger project scope.
- Debugging and performance tuning.
We look forward to hearing from you. A few quick notes on basic requirements to consider before you apply.
Key Skills Required
- Test Driven Development
- Clean readable code
- Domain Driven Design
- Attention to detail
- Android (Kotlin)
- iOS (Swift)
- Computer Science degree or other preferable but not required.
- Team size ranges from 4 to 10
- Highly motivated and talented teammates
- Initiative is appreciated and rewarded
- You will always be constantly learning
At Babylon Health our hiring process is there to unlock the very best version, we believe in empowering the engineer in you through engagement and collaboration. We have a high bar and that’s what makes our tribes and squads so intriguing and interesting to work with. We understand that spending a few hours with you won’t give us everything you are brilliant at, but we take your career seriously.
As a Software Engineer your process will include;
- Talent team member call
- Ideally, we’d love every Engineer to share some of your code, so if you have any public repositories or zip files with examples of your coding - please do share! For those of you who do not we do have demo project. (Not every Engineer is required to do this!)
- Engineering Peer-2-Peer technical video call
- Onsite Interview (remote if necessary), which would include engaging sessions on: Architecture, Pair Programming & Culture.
- Internally we have a quick catch up on how amazing you are and then we provide you with constructive feedback and hopefully offer you a chance to join one of our fantastic teams.
- The entire process shouldn’t take longer than 2 weeks, but we’ve done in 2 days before!
- Competitive salary package including share scheme
- Free Babylon Health for you and your family
- One of the nicest offices you’ll ever see, located next to Liverpool Street Station
- Free healthy breakfast, and snacks
- On site table tennis and video game competitions
- Regular social gatherings and an intimate, collaborative environment
- A real entrepreneurial spirit and drive to make a tangible difference in the world
- Free weekly yoga or football sessions
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- BUPA health and life insurance