Here at Booking.com, we experiment at remarkable speeds. Sometimes, we fail just as fast. But that’s okay. We have over 150 small, agile tech teams with diverse skills and broad experience, who innovate very quickly. As a result, our website is the best place to book hotels and other accommodation in the world.
We are exclusively open-source in terms of tech stack utilising ground breaking technologies such as Google Cloud, Kubernetes, HAProxy, Cassandra, Linux, Hadoop, Grafana, and ElasticSearch, to give you an idea.
A Team Lead at Booking.com is responsible for not only software development but, managing and coaching team members to deliver products that our users love.
While still being hands-on, you'll be responsible for motivating, coaching and guiding your team to success.
- Facilitate an agile development team (small team of 5 – 7 people)
- Identify and support growth of talents, provide feedback and look after people’s personal development
- Assess individual and team performance, recognize and promote excellent performance, and address under-performance
- Collaborate with the team and Product Owner to prioritize the projects
- Focus on supporting the business priorities and be pragmatic about technology choices
- Rapidly develop next-generation scalable, flexible, and high-performance systems
- You bring minimum of 4 years software development experience and are still hands-on
- Previous experience with distributed systems is desirable
- You are familiar with working on products that impact a large customer base
People Management Skills:
- You have a successful track record of leading development teams and managing people, with at least one year in a leadership role
- You have experience in performance evaluation and support your team in their individual growth
- Your communication is excellent and you love collaborating, and influencing others.
- Imagine yourself living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high-scale, complex, world-renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, and some phenomenal added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
- Promoting and driving impactful and creative engineering solutions
- Grow with us and benefit from technical, behavioral, and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
We believe that diversity makes us stronger – with over 80 different nationalities in the technology department alone, you will be able to absorb new skills and advance your career in a multicultural environment.
Did we make you curious?
This position is open to people worldwide and, in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam.
Please apply via our website with your English CV. We are looking forward to hearing from you.