As a Customer Solutions Engineer (CSE), you will be the trusted technical advisor throughout a customer’s lifecycle. You are a product expert and will leverage your knowledge to ensure our Enterprise customers understand and utilize the Cloudflare platform to its fullest extent. Your goal is to help customers be successful and derive the most value possible from their Cloudflare investment.
As a CSE, you strive to understand customer requirements and issues at the molecular level. No matter your background, you have natural curiosity and desire to identify root causes of strange problems and the most elegant and efficient solutions. Fundamentally, you are enamored with how the internet works.
You will work closely with the Customer Success Manager (CSM) as well as every other team at Cloudflare, from Sales and Product to Engineering and Customer Support. Customer success will drive you through the entire organization as you seek out and implement scalable solutions for your customer’s needs.
As a critical member of the Account Team you will serve as a trusted technical advisor, help expand existing business, and ensure the success of our customers:
- You will be part of a regional team and will work closely with CSMs supporting the regional book of business
- From a technical perspective, as part of the account team, your primary responsibilities will be to deliver a timely and organized onboarding for customers, ensure customers see the full value in Cloudflare's products, and advise on technical best practices
- Ensure customer retention and expansion through relationship building and participation in periodic account reviews to contribute your expertise on technical topics
- Provide customers with clear proactive technical guidance and expertise across all our products
- Collaborate with Customer Support, Engineering, and other teams to assist with technical escalations
- Proactively identify opportunities for expansion for existing customers
- Promote retention by capturing and communicating gaps in product or features
- Contribute towards the success of the CSE organization through knowledge-sharing activities such as contributing to internal and external documentation, answering technical Q&A, and helping iterate on best practices
- The role requires 20-50% travel to attend meetings with customers, attend conferences, and other industry events, and to collaborate with your Cloudflare teammates (post-COVID)
Experiences might include a combination of the skills below:
- Fluent French and English speaker
- 5-8 years of prior post-sales customer relationship management
- Deep understanding of how the internet works and the desire to expand that knowledge. For example:
- Layers and protocols of the OSI model, such as TCP/IP, TLS, DNS, HTTP
- Reverse and forward proxies and the applications of both
- Security aspects of an internet property, such as Firewalls, WAFs, Bot Management, Rate Limiting, (M)TLS, Zero Trust
- Performance aspects of an internet property, such as Speed, Latency, Caching, HTTP/2, TLSv1.3
- Enjoying the adventure of troubleshooting and solving technical problems
- Understanding why Cloudflare plays an increasingly important role on today’s internet
- Ability to proactively identify and solve problems then build sustainable solutions to prevent recurrence
- Technical curiosity and passion: Cloudflare is at the cutting edge of internet technology, and our CSEs are viewed as subject-matter experts. It’s incumbent on us to stay up to date not only with Cloudflare’s specific products, but with industry trends.
- Ability to manage a project, work to deadlines, and prioritize between competing demands
Preferred but not required:
- Understanding of, or experience with, regulatory requirements such a PCI DSS, HIPAA, and SOC-2