About the Department
You'll be a part of the Cloudflare Radar and Data Insights Lisbon Engineering team. This team will be working on data-driven projects, launching new products and functionalities, and exploring emerging technologies. We operate with small groups of highly motivated and experienced software, data science, and software engineers who like to solve problems. We work to meet both the challenges of a massively growing customer base and our internal department's needs.
What you'll do
You will lead a team of passionate, talented engineers that are building innovative products and launching features that touch billions of web requests each day. In this role, you will introduce tools and processes to make our engineer's lives better. You will play an active part in shaping product strategy and vision based on what's technically possible from an engineering standpoint.
You bring a passion for meeting business needs with building technically innovative solutions and excel at shifting between the two—understanding how big-picture goals inform technical details and vice-versa. You thrive in a fast-paced, iterative engineering environment and have experience in delivering scalable distributed systems. Most importantly, you will have a track record of having past teams respect you as both a technical leader and manager.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 4+ years experience in engineering management
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in algorithms, data structures, software design, and building large, distributed systems
- Excel at planning, creating teams and overseeing execution to meet commitments and deliver with predictability
- Demonstrate a track record of managing a team including hiring, onboarding, and professional development. You inspire your team to reach higher. You’re as good as explaining “why” as you are “how”
- Experience implementing tools, process, internal instrumentation, methodologies and resolving blockages
- Comfortable managing teams/projects in multiple locations and time zones, with tight deadlines and short release cycles
- Familiarity with working with data-driven projects and database systems. Internet performance and network security know-how.