Security Engineer, Product Security Engineering
About the DepartmentThe Security team at Cloudflare is focused and committed to helping secure both Cloudflare and our customers. The Product Security Engineering team at Cloudflare is focused on and committed to securing both Cloudflare and our customers. The Product security engineering team is responsible for keeping our products, infrastructure and systems secure via engineering.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Security Engineer to help us in our mission to build a better internet. Part engineer, part hacker, you will work with our engineering and security teams to build solutions for .
- Work with engineering teams to help secure Cloudflare products and infrastructure
- Design and build tools to proactively identify and remediate security misconfiguration and vulnerabilities
- Assess products and identify areas to build security controls
- Build secure frameworks & libraries that engineering teams can use at scale
- Build internal security tools that help fix security problems at a massive scale.
- Help automate internal processes
- Managing and prioritizing multiple tasks in accordance with high level objectives
Key skill sets and Knowledge
Security engineers take part in a wide variety of tasks and projects on the team. One individual is not expected to know everything, but a working knowledge in several of the following areas is required:
- Experience in securing large scale distributed systems
- Experience in designing, building and implementing systems
- Strong engineering background
- Advanced programming experience (Python, Golang, Bash, etc.)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with remote teams