BioChemistry & Integration Engineering Project Manager
HP is known for creating our own future through re-inventing of ourselves from a position of technical strength. Join us managing a small R&D team with intent to grow. Be part of defining our future strategy and turning strategy into action leveraging core technical competencies in chemical, electrical, mechanical systems invented & integrated at microfluidic (or smaller) scale, and commercialized economically to create new value in new markets.
- Provides direct and ongoing leadership for a team of individual contributors (engineering, chemistry, bio-chemistry, physics etc) intersecting market needs with technology strengths designing and developing microfluidic solutions to demonstrate value
- Leads team throughout the various phases of the PDP process from early R&D through development, qualification, regulatory and product launch
- Manages headcount, deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing projects, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
- Communicates project status and escalates issues to direct managers, program managers, and internal and external development partners.
- Manages external engagements as needed (other companies, universities, governments etc) , including setting expectations regarding deliverables, product quality, schedules, and costs; ensures that team members are effectively communicating and collaborating to mutually deliver.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for growth partnering with market & business development.
- Proactively identifies needs & establishes processes for scaling opportunity including investment sources & resourcing talent.
- Provides people-care management for assigned team members, including hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; ensures that proper knowledge and career development tools are in place to support ongoing team member and process development.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree (Engineering, Physics, Chemistry) or equivalent experience required.
- May have advanced university degree.
- Typically 5 or more years of related work experience, including 0 -2 years of people management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience leading teams delivering chemistry/biochemistry/assay development and microfluidic device solutions
- Experience leading external R&D engagements in multiple collaboration modes and throughout the PDP process
- Lean Start-Up experience and discovery driven hypothesis testing
- Experience leading teams of strong multi-disciplined technologists to transform from a core business to a new business opportunity
- Knowledgeable of distinctions between platforms, products, and assets
- Demonstrated leadership through ambiguity including ability to influence at Director/VP level
- Commitment to people management, talent development, and culture shaping
- Advanced project management skills including time and risk management, resource prioritization, and project structuring in multiple manners (waterfall, agile, tech learning cycle etc)
- Ability to manage human capital across geographies to drive workforce development and achieve desired results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence skills.
- Advanced business acumen, technical knowledge, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Strong communication skills (e.g. written, verbal, presentation); mastery in English
- Commitment to HP's team culture, values, and policies