You use your knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. You will work on problems of diverse complexity and scope. You may act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. You exercise independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of end-user applications software running on local, networked, and Internet- based platforms.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
- Leads a project team of other software applications engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned applications portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding software applications design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represents the software applications engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provide on-call support for infrastructure / product support.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 4-6 years experience relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills: Previous experience in CI/CD pipelines.
- Previous experience in CI/CD pipelines.
- Monitoring or dashboarding experience (Grafana, Kibana, New Relic).
- Strong knowledge of 2 or more (Bash, Python 3.x, Java, Groovy, Terraform) .
- Experience adapting existing applications to work in the cloud.
- Strong skills on development and delivery of cloud-basedservices. architecturesand platforms (RESTful, message-based,eventing,orchestration/choreography,service meshes, Tomcat/Jetty/NodeJS).
- Strong skills on SQL andnoSQLplatforms(MySQL,MSSQL, MongoDB,Redis, ELK).
- Strong understanding of SDLC, branching strategies, source control ( GitHub, etc.).
- Containerization Experience( Docker, Kubernetes).
- Strong AWS experience (EC2, RDS, IAM, &VPC/Security Groups).
- Understanding of Microservice Architecture.
- Strong skills on deployment and hosting (Docker, Kubernetes/EKS, Beanstalk, CloudFormation, Chef/automation).
- Strong Scripting experience in one or more of the following languages: Shell, Python, Perl, Php,&PowerShell.
- PKI, SSL Certificate management (and certificate chaining) – OpenSSL, IIS.
- Web hosting experience using Apache, Tomcat, JBoss.
- Demonstrated people leadership and development skills including Interpersonal, teamwork, mentoring, technical development, motivational, and communication skills.
- BS degreeor equivalent work experience.
About HP Canada Co.
HP Canada Co. creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. HP is Canada’s most sustainable technology company (hp.ca/sustainableimpact) and is the only PC company on Canada’s Greenest employers list in 2020.
Thank you for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended at any time.
HP Canada Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity. Upon request by qualified candidates, accommodation of special needs may be considered during all stages of the selection process within the framework of the HP Accommodation Policy. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com . Note: This option is reserved for applicants needing a reasonable accommodation related to a disability.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HP's Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.