At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP is the world’s leading personal systems and printing company, we create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Our innovation springs from a team of individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.
We are looking for visionaries, like you, who are ready to make a purposeful impact on the way the world works.
At HP, the future is yours to create!
HP Workstations (www.hp.com/workstations) is a high-performance, high-integrity, and customer focused organization seeking motivated and talented engineers with a passion for technology, quality and creating the most powerful, innovative, and secure Workstation Computers and Solutions.
This position is for an Electrical Hardware Design Engineer in the Advanced Compute & Solutions (ACS) Business Unit. The selected candidate will be part of a team of electrical hardware engineers responsible for all stages of electrical hardware design and development of our products, solutions and platforms, including innovation, design, and validation.
This position is based in Fort Collins, CO but our teams are split between the US and Taipei, TWN.
If you are our Workstation Electrical Hardware Engineer in Fort Collins, you will have a chance to:
- Participate in project teams to investigate, define, develop, debug, and deliver workstation computer motherboard and subsystem designs and components.
- Review and evaluate electrical designs and project validation activities for compliance with technology and development guidelines and standards.
- Provide tangible feedback to ensure solutions are aligned to customer insights and improve product quality.
- Manage and expand relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on electrical hardware design and development requirements to maximize HP workstation hardware design and development success.
- Work closely with component suppliers and development partners worldwide to deliver the latest performance, security, and feature technologies to our customers.
- Drive innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the electrical hardware design organization.
- Provide technology and domain-specific expertise and hardware and platform leadership to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
Are you a high-performer? We are looking for an individual with:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- A passion for electrical design supported by the independent drive and curiosity to deliver beyond program and customer expectations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; Strong troubleshooting/debugging skills.
- Experience with computer architecture and solutions.
- Experience designing and integrating electronic components, integrated circuitry, and algorithms preferably in a computer architecture.
- Understanding of empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate product designs and specifications.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills in a large, diverse environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options with senior management levels.
- Proven ability to manage time effectively and tackle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
Do you have experiences that will allow you to immediately impact our products? We desire an individual with:
- 3-7+ years of professional engineering experience
- Experience achieving results through others - such as ODM partners and regional teams.
- Experience designing, developing, and testing computer motherboards or systems based on industry standard technology.
- Understanding of material properties and hardware and electrical component design
- Previous experience in HW test and qualification for new products.
- Experience using signal integrity and protocol analysis equipment to troubleshoot and validate electrical circuits and interfaces.
Experience in high-tech electronics manufacturing.
- Experience performing high-speed signal measurements
HP offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
The estimated range of compensation for this job at the time of this posting is $73,100 - $98,900. This position may be eligible for incentive pay, for openings where this is applicable.