Engineering Program manager
Ink Supplies Packaging group is looking for an advanced subject matter expert in program management who will manage and deliver complete packaging solutions for various NPIs. The program manager will work closely with R&D, Marketing, Quality Assurance, procurement and Packaging engineers in developing overall program scope, schedule and deliverables. He/She will lead and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives in developing program solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drives and demonstrates strong Supplies Sustainability effort and applies Smart Packaging solutions for the entire NPI Packaging program management process.
- Effectively deliver business results by championing a culture of accountability and consistent application of project and program management practices.
- Manages and leads a program involving multiple functions and project teams to drive the engineering development and implementation process for a product or service offering.
- Develops program schedules, critical deliverables, budget, resource allocation plan, and other support requirements for assigned program.
- Manages activities of supporting project teams and internal development partners; ensures progress against established plan and makes determinations based on analysis of business information to alter or update schedule and resource allocation to meet program goal and schedule.
- Communicates program progress, escalations, and issue analysis to stakeholders; collaborates with management and internal manufacturing and development partners to recommend and implement changes to product, processes, or business practices to resolve escalated issues, produce solutions, and ensure adherence to budgets and established product roadmap and schedules.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies and quality initiatives into projects and activities in the manufacturing and/or engineering organization.
- Leads and provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
- Monitor the progress of the project, make any necessary adjustments and review the quality of the work on a regular basis via standing team meetings.
- Ensure the project is completed on time, within the budget and at the required quality level.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Management, Engineering, or equivalent.
- PMP/PMI certification preferred.
- 10-15 years experience in Supply Chain or Engineering function.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience with using project and program planning tools and software packages to create, manage, and track project results.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills to sustain stakeholder’s commitment by motivating and guiding team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate program plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Must have organizational skills including planning, prioritizing, and time management.
- Able to work well under pressure and tight schedule.
- Able to accurately manage details while clearly see the big picture.