PageWide Webpress Data Pipeline Engineer
In a world that is growing and evolving every day, HP creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze.HP innovation springs from a team of individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives. From our earliest days, we’ve recognized that capturing and drawing from diverse points of view improves our products and services — and our company as a whole.
- Handle Tier 4 customer incidents that are escalated by Tier 3 regional engineers. Calls may occasionally be outside business hours. Communicate status to customers and management.
- Attend support calls and visit customer sites as needed to resolve incidents. Travel could be 25%. Travel should be less with careful planning and organized coordination of issue and problem management. Get to root cause, develop solutions, qualify, coordinate and plan customer deployment.
- Draw and apply knowledge from developers in R&D to perform the Tier 4 function. Partner with R&D to ensure a successful NPI of key programs.
- Develop and maintain expertise in the various sub system functionality, changes, known issues, work-arounds, diagnostics, and scripts, to execute deeper level troubleshooting and quick resolution.
- Identify class issues, trends for problem management and generate solutions through vehicles like troubleshooting guides.
- Proactive prevention of issues through testing, data analysis and pushing documented changes back into R&D.
- Pass on resolution knowledge to the Tier 1-3 teams with the goal of reducing the life cycle of the support request as well as increasing their ability to close more incidents.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering. Typically 0-2 year experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to understand and follow written technical instructions, electrical schematics, and system drawings.
- Linux knowledge/experience.
- Ability to use troubleshooting and diagnostic tools including multi-meters, oscilloscopes.
- Problem solving skills.
- Experience with TCL/TK, Python, C++ scripting is a plus.
- Printed Circuit Assembly design and diagnostic skills are a plus.
- Networking knowledge/experience is a plus.
- HP Web Press Data Pipeline knowledge is a plus.