HP is the world’s leading personal systems and printing company, we create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Our innovation springs from a team of individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.
We are looking for visionaries, like you, who are ready to make a purposeful impact on the way the world works.
At HP, the future is yours to create!
As a Pen Assembly Process Engineer in Penang, Malaysia you will:
- Apply subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues.
- Work on problems of moderately complex scope and act as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input.
- Exercise independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action.
- Follow established guidelines and interprets policies.
- Evaluate unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Design engineering solutions, including methods, operation sequences, and processes for final assemblies, based on established engineering principles and in accordance with provided specifications and requirements
- Develop and implement cost estimates, capacity models, time standards, production area layouts, and recommendations for tooling and process requirements for new product introductions.
- Collaborate and communicate with management, internal, and outsourced manufacturing and development partners regarding process and standards compliance, recording and reporting issues, and recommendations for problem resolution for manufacture of existing products.
- Lead project team consisting of other manufacturing engineers and internal and outsourced manufacturing partners to develop and execute reliable, cost effective and high quality manufacturing solutions for moderately-complex products from new- product introduction through end of lifecycle.
- Represent the manufacturing engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development and manufacturing projects.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Are you a high-performer? We are looking for an individual with:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technology or manufacturing-related engineering discipline or equivalent.
- 6 years’ working experience
- Able to use engineering tools and software packages to design and automate manufacturing processes.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good understanding of material properties and hardware and electrical component design.
- Able to use empirical analysis, modeling and methodologies to validate manufacturing process and tooling design and specifications.
- Ability to effectively communicate manufacturing plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options.