HP is the world’s leading personal systems and printing company, we create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Our innovation springs from a team of individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.
We are looking for visionaries, like you, who are ready to make a purposeful impact on the way the world works.
At HP, the future is yours to create!
As a Process Engineer (Visual Inspection ) in Penang, Malaysia you will:
- Apply developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives.
- Work on problems of diverse complexity and scope.
- Act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process.
- Exercise independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution.
- Ability to handle most unique situations and seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Design engineering solutions, including methods, operation sequences, and processes for the manufacturing of parts, component sub- assemblies, and final assemblies, based on established engineering principles and in accordance with general specifications and requirements.
- Develop and implement cost estimates, capacity models, time standards, production area layouts, and recommendations for tooling and process requirements for new product introductions.
- Collaborate and communicate with management, internal, and outsourced manufacturing and development partners regarding process and standards compliance, recording and reporting issues, and recommendations for problem resolution for manufacture of existing products.
- Lead a project team of other manufacturing engineers and internal and outsourced manufacturing partners to develop and execute reliable, cost effective and high quality manufacturing solutions for moderately-complex products from new- product introduction through end of lifecycle.
- Represent the manufacturing engineering team for all phases of larger and more- complex development and manufacturing projects.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Are you a high-performer? We are looking for an individual with:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technology or manufacturing-related engineering discipline or equivalent.
- 4-6 years’ related work experience is required.
- Ability to use engineering tools and software packages to design and automate manufacturing processes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of material properties and hardware and electrical component design.
- Using empirical analysis, modeling and methodologies to validate manufacturing process and tooling design and specifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate manufacturing plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at management levels.