As a Senior Mechanical Hardware Development Engineer you will join a highly capable project team delivering new inkjet printer or similar electromechanical products and platforms. You will lead others and participate in all aspects of the development to bring innovative new products to market.
As a member of an R&D design team, you will be tasked with delivering market-leading consumer focused design solutions including product design, mechanism design and/or ink delivery systems, pen reliability or system integration. Your work will include architecture, conceptualization, design, prototyping, testing, system analysis, and documentation. Leadership in the identification, prioritization, coordination, and resolution of system level design issues is expected.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to lead other engineers and work in a highly collaborative team environment. Previous knowledge and experience with high volume consumer products is desired. System integration will be a major part of the responsibilities and a good understanding of customer focused product design, electromechanical subsystem and system design, and inkjet technologies will be fundamental to be successful in this position.
Technical leadership in this position includes collaboration with our development partners – Technology Development partners, Marketing, Manufacturing, Procurement, and Quality/regulatory organizations. The responsibilities will include scoping out the required development activities and leading cross functional groups to assure delivery of all aspects of the designs for successful product deployment.
This job is an ideal position for a creative technical leader who likes working with challenging mechanisms and mechatronics. Our team is bright, innovative and passionate about delivering solid mechanical systems that delight our customers.
- Responsible for developing the architecture for subsystems or systems for ink printers or alternative electromechanical devices.
- Lead R&D and cross functional design teams to execute, test, iterate and qualify designs for printer, ink deliver system or an alternative electromechanical product.
- Identify all aspects of development like invention, design alternatives, trade offs, risks, dependencies, etc. Own and drive plans to resolve any challenges and deliver solid solutions.
- Scope and break down work for the development team, work with the management and the development team to manage progress. Recommend strategies and tactics to assure successful delivery.
- Drive trade offs for design performance, cost, quality, reliability, user experience and manufacturability. Frame tradeoffs, lead analysis and recommend design solutions that are optimal to customer experience and business objectives.
- Lead plans to assure design robustness, reliability and regulatory compliance.
- Lead design reviews and technical content for program checkpoints.
- Provide leadership working with our development partners to assure all aspects of the development are planned out and executed to deliver optimal solution to our customers. Close cooperation with management, partner R&D labs, manufacturing, marketing, customer assurance and various external partners is essential.
- Lead the implementation of the designs into manufacturing, including close collaboration with Ops and DPA partners. Lead any technical issues thru hand off to manufacturing an ramp. Work to assure availability and robustness of the components and robust manufacturing system.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 6 years of experience and demonstrated abilities in designing complex mechanical parts and systems.
Knowledge Skill Base:
- Proven strong technical leadership skills developing complex electromechanical systems.
- Proven ability to lead technical teams, including defining the objectives, scoping work, identifying the critical tasks and managing the execution to meet program objectives and milestones.
- Completion of at least two product development project cycles, from inception through market release.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to identify and solve complex system level issues.
- Ability to plan work and accomplish challenging objectives with a minimum of direction.
- Excellent teamwork/interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with other technical leads as well as across many levels and functional areas of the organization.
- Proven ability to assess analytical and experimental data and use this information to drive design decisions.
- Experience with dealing effectively with conflict
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excited about technology and has the desire to learn new tasks and technologies