Keytree is currently recruiting for a talented Firmware/IoT Developer to join their growing product development team working on the innovative head impact project, Protecht. As part of the role you will work closely with a team firmware & software engineers and architects to deliver a truly exciting and innovative product.
The Protecht is a collaboration between a number of key stakeholders: SAP, SWA and Keytree. The aim is to create a product that will increase the safety of sports players by providing early warning of potentially dangerous head impact information to pitch-side support personnel.
The initial stages are focused on Rugby and the Welsh Rugby Football Union; however, the product has potential in many sports or high-risk scenarios, and these will be considered once the initial concept has been proven.
Release 1 is now complete, and the next exciting phase of the project is to roll out the system to a wide range of professional clubs.
The Keytree team is a mix of firmware and software engineers and architects delivering a truly exciting and innovative product. We have a wide range of technologies supported by a small team and this provides a lot of scope for personal development and building a wide breadth of knowledge.
The candidate will ideally have:
- 2+ years of experience developing firmware with C
- Good understanding of RF and RF Testing needs
- Ideally experience of Node.js, Python or additional language
- SQL knowledge and Database design
- Demonstrate a breadth of technical knowledge with regards to rolling out new products and services across multiple technologies
- Basic knowledge of Linux environments
The successful candidate will:
The role is based in our Port Talbot Officewith occasional travel.Company Information
- Work with the existing team to design, deliver, document and test new functionality and upgrades to existing functions
- Be responsible for creating new firmware versions and debugging and resolving issues within firmware
- Participate in our Planning and Retrospective meetings where you will have direct input to the team
- Gain expertise in the tools and services we use: IoT devices, Python, SAP Cloud Platform, Node, etc.
- Work on the set up and management of the Protecht solution including application development, infrastructure set up and enablement
- Support customers both remotely and pitch side in the operation of the Protecht solution
Keytree helps companies become leaner, faster and more agile with our award-winning team of SAP experts and beautifully designed applications. The way we work sets us apart. Our multi-disciplined teams are built on a foundation of communications and accountability. We are driven by innovation and a passion for design and great user experience.
At Keytree we work with our clients to understand their business goals and solve their problems using our technological and industry expertise.