Keytree is currently recruiting for a graduate Firmware/IoT Developer to join their growing product development team working on the innovative head impact project, Protecht. As part of the role you will work closely with a team firmware & software engineers and architects to deliver a truly exciting and innovative product.
The Protecht is a collaboration between a number of key stakeholders: SAP, SWA and Keytree. The aim is to create a product that will increase the safety of sports players by providing early warning of potentially dangerous head impact information to pitch-side support personnel.
The initial stages are focused on Rugby and the Welsh Rugby Football Union; however, the product has potential in many sports or high-risk scenarios, and these will be considered once the initial concept has been proven.
Release 1 is now complete, and the next exciting phase of the project is to roll out the system to a wide range of professional clubs.
The Keytree team is a mix of firmware and software engineers and architects delivering a truly exciting and innovative product. We have a wide range of technologies supported by a small team and this provides a lot of scope for personal development and building a wide breadth of knowledge.
As a Graduate Firmware/ IoT Developer you will play an integral role in testing and analysis of electronics at circuit and product level for new designs. Testing and assessing the reliability and robustness of our designs. Solving electronics challenges to create better, faster, more cost-effective solutions for Protecht.
This is a great opportunity for a graduate with a passion for technology and strong interest in IoT. Keytree are offering extensive training and development in order to help the right candidate become a product expert
The successful candidate will:
- Work with the existing team to design, deliver, document and test new functionality and upgrades to existing functions
- Be responsible for creating new firmware versions and debugging and resolving issues within firmware
- Participate in our Planning and Retrospective meetings where you will have direct input to the team
- Gain expertise in the tools and services we use: IoT devices, Python, SAP Cloud Platform, Node, etc.
- Work on the set up and management of the Protecht solution including application development, infrastructure set up and enablement
- Support customers both remotely and pitch side in the operation of the Protecht solution
The candidate will ideally have:
The role is based in our Port Talbot Officewith occasional travel.Company Information
- 2:1 or above in an electrical/electronic engineering degree
- Demonstrable application of your technical skills through hands-on projects, either university or personal projects
- Experience developing firmware with C
- Good understanding of RF and RF Testing needs
- Ideally experience of Node.js, Python or additional language
- SQL knowledge and Database design
- Basic knowledge of Linux environments
- Creative approach to problem solving
Keytree helps companies become leaner, faster and more agile with our award-winning team of SAP experts and beautifully designed applications. The way we work sets us apart. Our multi-disciplined teams are built on a foundation of communications and accountability. We are driven by innovation and a passion for design and great user experience.
At Keytree we work with our clients to understand their business goals and solve their problems using our technological and industry expertise.