Keytree a multi-award winning consultancy is looking for a talented Java Developer to work alongside our lead developer for Matrix Booking. As part of the role you will be working on developing new functionality, integrating Matrix with client systems, providing presales technical support, and supporting and maintaining the existing codebase and build/release/development processes.
The ideal candidate should have experience in Java development with an understanding of backend architecture, development and system integration.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a strong technical skillset and be comfortable picking up new technologies based on customer requirements, as well as designing and delivering product changes with relatively low levels of specification, in an Agile environment.
It is essential that you are able to exhibit innovative thought processes and good self motivation with excellent written and oral communication skills Essential
- Strong core Java skills
- Experience of web development with JEE, Spring MVC and/or Portal Servers
- Knowledge of Spring Framework (3 and above) and a clear understanding of dependency injection
- Good understanding of Hibernate/JPA and Object-relational mapping, including performance considerations
- Experience with build tools- Maven, Ant
- Continuous Integration- TeamCity
- Experience integrating systems using a wide variety of protocols like REST, SOAP, MQ, TCP/IP, JSON and a number of others
- Good knowledge and experience of testing frameworks i.e. Junit, Selenium, Cucumber
- Proven ability to understand and troubleshoot large systems, drilling down to code level to identify the root cause of issues
- Source Code Management- Git, BitBucket, Subversion
- Experience with agile tools and methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Confluence, JIRA)
- Excellent communication skills- written & oral
- Experience managing production environments deployed to Cloud services (PaaS/IaaS)
Some leeway will be afforded for exceptionally bright younger candidates who do not possess all of the critical technical experience but who can demonstrate the capacity to rapidly pick those technologies up.
This role will be based in our Port Talbot Wales office with occasional travel to our Central London Head office. Company Information
Keytree helps companies become leaner, faster and more agile with our award-winning team of SAP experts and beautifully designed applications. The way we work sets us apart. Our multi-disciplined teams are built on a foundation of communications and accountability. We are driven by innovation and a passion for design and great user experience.
At Keytree we work with our clients to understand their business goals and solve their problems using our technological and industry expertise.