Keytree is currently recruiting for a Lead Java Developer/Architect to join their award-winning development team. As part of the role you will work as part of a dedicated project team collaborating with UI Developers, UI/UX Designers and Project Managers to ensure our projects are delivered on time and to spec.
The ideal developer should have a solid background within Java development with the ability to design, develop and deliver a variety of client projects with varying complexity.
It’s essential that you are able to work collaboratively as well as autonomously when necessary.
The role is based in our Central London Head Office but will require you travel to client sites so 100% flexibility on location is needed.Role and responsibilities
- Take technical ownership of application development projects and ongoing maintenance
- Delivery of development projects to agreed time, budget and scope
- Work closely with customers and project stakeholders to provide advice on how to best to design the solution.
- Providing technical leadership, mentoring, coaching and performance management
- Hands on development leading the team from the front
- Strong core Java skills
- Experience of web development with JEE, Spring MVC and/or Portal Servers
- Excellent knowledge of Spring Framework (3 and above) and a clear understanding of dependency injection
- MVC frameworks such as Struts, Stripes & GWT
- Good understanding of Hibernate/JPA and Object-relational mapping, including performance considerations
- Experience with Apache Karaf
- Experience with build tools- Maven, Ant
- Unit testing - Junit
- Continuous Integration- TeamCity
- Continuous delivery with dependency management solutions such as Nexus
- Experience integrating systems using a wide variety of protocols like REST, SOAP, MQ, TCP/IP, JSON and a number of others
- Good knowledge and experience of testing frameworks i.e. Junit, Selenium, Cucumber
- Proven ability to understand and troubleshoot large systems, drilling down to code level to identify the root cause of issues
- Experience managing production environments deployed to Cloud services (PaaS/IaaS)
- Source Code Management- Git, BitBucket, Subversion
- Experience with agile tools and methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Confluence, JIRA)
- Ability to act as development or technical lead within a small or medium sized team.
- Team leading experience
- Excellent communication skills- written & oral
- Consultancy experience is highly desirable
We offer a really strong team ethos and excellent opportunities for professional development. The successful candidate will possess excellent technical skills, be used to working to deadlines, will be enthusiastic and both a self-starter and a team player.Direct applicants only - no agencies.Company Information
Keytree helps companies become leaner, faster and more agile with our award-winning team of SAP experts and beautifully designed applications. The way we work sets us apart. Our London-based, multi-disciplined teams are built on a foundation of communications and accountability. We are driven by innovation and a passion for design and great user experience.
At Keytree we work with our clients to understand their business goals and solve their problems using our technological and industry expertise.