Keytree is currently recruiting a Software Delivery Manager into its Port Talbot support centre. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for software delivery from a growing number of Managed Services teams for our clients. The overall purpose of the role is to ensure that our clients receive optimal support services in the delivery of software fixes and change to the supported applications. Responsibilities
You will be key to the delivery of frontline Support Services within Keytree’s Managed Services, collaborating with the Service Delivery Managers, Service Desk, Service and Technical Architects you will deliver excellent service to our clients through your leadership of the technical delivery team.
You will oversee a direct and indirectly managed resource pool of Scrum Masters, Software engineers, Testers and SAP Functional & Technical Consultants, ensuring the teams operate effectively in an Agile environment to Keytree’s Service Delivery Methodology.
You will develop the geographically diverse team through growth and people development ensuring the team has the appropriate skills and direction to deliver great service.
The role is based in our Port Talbot office, with occasional travel to Keytree offices & client sites. Abilities
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Strong people manager, able to lead and grow a delivery organisation
- Strong software development and support management capabilities including people, process and technology
- Able to maximise efficiencies of MS delivery honing process and by identifying and utilising the right people for the right technologies and work packages
- Continuously forward planning to identify any delivery and skills shortfall, issues and implementing plans to overcome these
- Continuously improving process to maximise organisational delivery efficiency
- Able to provide people management in compliance with HR policy, including performance appraisals
- Able to coach and develop people in their technical area, or pull in support when needed
- Expert and Custodian of Agile Delivery Method across the MS resource pool (Scrum or Kanban)
- Able to provide consultative skills to coach client teams in the Agile delivery method to enable effective interaction between the client and internal delivery teams.
- Expert in Jira usage and reporting across JSD and Jira Project
- 80 / 20 split between inward management of our dev and test teams and outward client engagements.
- Able to provide accurate progress/status reporting to senior management raise and drive risks and issues as appropriate
- Able to represent delivery on client calls to support the SDMs in technical support
- Able to drive out root cause through the delivery team
- Able to translate and articulate technical detail at the right level to stakeholders
- Degree level educated and/or appropriate depth of experience
- Strong experience in team management within a professional services or service delivery environment
- Strong experience as a Software Delivery Manager with successful project delivery
- Strong technical know-how including a good understanding of the full software development lifecycle and Agile methodologies
- Proven experience in delivering complex, full life cycle software projects.
- Good People and communication skills
- Strong Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to identify and respond to problems quickly and efficiently whilst working under pressure
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Highly organised and able to plan workloads
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Familiar with working amongst multiple suppliers to sustain or resolve a Service
- Prepared to be flexible with working hours, or travel
An international award-winning design and technology consultancy and product developer, Keytree helps transform digital potential into business reality.
Keytree helps companies become leaner, faster and more agile with our award-winning team of SAP experts and beautifully designed applications. The way we work sets us apart.
Our multi-disciplined teams, across the UK, North America, Spain, UAE, India, Australia and China, are built on a foundation of communications and accountability. We are driven by innovation and a passion for design and great user experience.