Do you care deeply about how users explore and use the Web? Are you passionate about making it easier to seek out information and resources?
We are looking for a Product Manager to help design, shape, and evolve how Firefox users find what they need.
Our most pressing challenges include:
- growing Firefox’s user base and their engagement in our product lines,
- supporting diversification of our revenue through our products, and
- fighting the dominance of Big Tech.
Our strengths include:
- a non-profit (Mozilla) that people can trust to never abuse their data,
- a diverse and opinionated leadership team,
- high quality software (Firefox) and a high performing product development team.
Join Mozilla - a company you can be proud of as we shape the Internet!
- Define search product goals and build the infrastructure to rapidly evaluate their success
- Effectively balance resourcing and prioritization of product and business requirements
- Execute on a high velocity testing program for new feature development
- Collaborate with product development teams to evolve search across the Firefox product family
- Maintain a strong understanding of the search industry and competitive landscape in order to identify new market opportunities
- Own your product: define the strategic plan, business and partner priority outcomes, feature roadmap and prioritization, feature requirements, and support all product development and launch processes with internal partners. Own all product outcomes including quality release of product features, usability and performance metrics
- Evangelize product vision, business benefits, and technical requirements to business, product, and engineering leadership teams
- Be passionate about our users. Collaborate with our data scientists and user researchers to identify user satisfaction and growth drivers and be a champion voice of the user; drive that passion into your product
- Drive significant improvement in the Firefox Search experience across all of our browser products
- Identify product and business growth opportunities in collaboration with our data scientists
- Create and own the search product roadmap in alignment with our overall search strategy
- Engage with Mozilla partners and other team members to help cultivate a rich search ecosystem
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications we still encourage you to apply!
Preferred Qualification Requirements
- Demonstrated experience in product development, especially consumer facing products
- Professional experience involving search / information retrieval is a strong plus
- Ability to identify customer and business problems, synthesize data, and translate into a product vision
- Strong written and verbal communication, writing clear requirements for an experienced team to execute on
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, and can present complex ideas in concise written and verbal descriptions easily understood by both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have built features and/or products used by millions of users
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.