Samsung Austin Semiconductor is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the world with more than 3,000 employees and 2.45 million square feet of floor space. Samsung Austin Semiconductor has broad semiconductor process technology offerings serving customers in various application areas including mobile, consumer, networking/high performance computing, Internet of Things, RF and automotive. Since 1996, SAS has invested approximately $17 billion in its Austin, TX campus, making it one of the largest direct foreign investments in United States history. Samsung Austin Semiconductor is a US-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. The Austin facility is one of the few semiconductor plants the company has outside South Korea. Visit www.samsung.com/us/sas. SAS is focused on being the World’s Best Foundry product supplier.
Role and Responsibilities
This position is for a Cost Innovation Leader (TR) in the Cost, Repairs and Clean (CRC) Innovation Team. This team is focused on Cost/Spending of the Engineering Unit Parts in Raw Material, Spares and Repair & Maintenance Categories as well as Supply Chain Management (SCM) for Cleans and Repairs parts loops.
- Demonstrate effective collaboration with FAB Engineering to improve Unit Part metrics.
- Data collection, analysis, and collaborative improvements of Unit Part performance in cost reduction of raw materials, spare parts, repairs & maintenance, and other projects in the field of supply chain, cost, and resource efficiency.
- Participate and Manage TFTs activities to improve Cost savings factory wide.
- Collaborate with engineering, procurement, finance, support group, and executives to ensure compliance to external and internal cost savings standards.
- Lead the deployment of medium to large-scale projects that are cross-functional in nature and have visibility to company executives.
- Analyze and make recommendations to help improve cost savings indices for each department’s business processes and programs.
- Communicate the results of analysis, drive improvements and share with peers, managers, and executives.
- Study opportunities and drive implementation with the unit parts, including 2nd source qual, lifetime extension, usage reduction, repair loops, price negotiations, etc.
- Project management, Daily/Weekly/Monthly Cost reporting, and status updates.
- Enforce rules & systems based operation to all employees while ensuring SAS procedures are continuously evolving and current.
- The position will require an extensive amount of time working directly with and supporting the engineering team functions.
- The role will include membership on teams that involve Cost Per Move (CPM) reduction, SCM, and other related projects/task force teams.
- Expectation is to have proficiency in project management, forecasting, repair loops, second sourcing, inventory management, department budgets, or other related systems or business functions that impact cost.
- S1 & S2 cost comparison and collaboration on analysis and improvement projects.
- Support improvements to modeling and forecasting performance of expenses.
- Lead or participate in Lean Macro project within assigned department when opportunities present themselves.
- Perform analysis and mentor unit part Engineers to perform analysis of Cost related items that identify key issues impacting factory performance as well as develop/implement plans/actions to close GAPs.
- Hire, train, supervise, and performance manage direct employees.
- Perform employee quarterly reviews of direct employees.
- Create Training plans and track performance on a regular basis
- Work days and hours: 1st-Shift, M-F 8-5.
Skills and Qualifications
- BS degree required - engineering, materials science or related field preferred.
- Semiconductor MFG experience required - Five+ years of engineering experience preferred.
- Project management skills required; formal training preferred such as PMP, APICS, etc.
- Sr Engineer or higher (Internal SAS Candidates).
- A high level of self-motivation and strong communication skills (written and presentation) required.
- Capable of complex problem solving and navigating the political landscape to accomplish results.
- Must be able to quickly learn complex systems to execute job function within the following SAS systems: CostBox, SAP, G-EMS, eSpec, GPM, WorkPlace and SharePoint.
- Advance knowledge of all Microsoft Office products is required.
- Experience in high volume, high product mix fab environment is preferred.
- Experienced in creating SPOTFIRE reports.
- Must have strong communication, teamwork, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Focused on continuous improvement in fast-paced, changing environment.
- High level of initiative and desire for continuous improvement.
- Familiar with SCM and PMP concepts.
- Successful candidates will be detailed and task oriented and place high value on customer service, team work and flexibility.
- Ability to meet due dates for action items.
- Must be punctual and flexible working onsite and remotely.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.