Samsung Austin Semiconductor is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the world with more than 3,000 employees and 2.45 million square feet of floor space. Samsung Austin Semiconductor has broad semiconductor process technology offerings serving customers in various application areas including mobile, consumer, networking/high performance computing, Internet of Things, RF and automotive. Since 1996, SAS has invested approximately $17 billion in its Austin, TX campus, making it one of the largest direct foreign investments in United States history. Samsung Austin Semiconductor is a US-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. The Austin facility is one of the few semiconductor plants the company has outside South Korea. Visit www.samsung.com/us/sas. SAS is focused on being the World’s Best Foundry product supplier.
Role and Responsibilities
- Samsung Austin Semiconductor is seeking a high-performing, self-driven engineer to support and improve critical semiconductor fab supporting applications.
- These applications are responsible for collecting data for analysis, monitoring, and process improvement on critical semiconductor production tools.
- This engineer will work in an application development position within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- He or she will be required to provide excellent customer support to other engineering departments as well as work closely with team members and other system owners both on-site and remotely in South Korea.
- The applicant must be highly motivated, enjoy solving difficult problems, and work well with others.
- Responsible for development, implementation, and maintenance of critical fab supporting applications and real-time data collection.
- Provide excellent customer service directly to fab engineering staff.
- Troubleshoot user reported system issues and support user requests.
- Trace and understand existing source code written by others.
- Find and consider external system dependencies when developing solutions.
- Complete unit testing on all development prior to implementation.
- Document development, testing, and release plans prior to implementation.
- Review and validate peer development prior to implementation.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support for any team escalations.
- Available for occasional conference calls with South Korean counterparts outside of 8am-5pm hours.
- Work days and hours: 1st-shift, M-F 8-5.
Skills and Qualifications
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a software development or DevOps role.
- Proficient in object oriented programming languages (Java SE preferred).
- Experience with relational databases (Microsoft T-SQL or Oracle PL-SQL preferred).
- Experience in back-end application development.
- Experience working in Windows, Linux, and Unix environments.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Comfortable reviewing and debugging another person’s code.
- Motivated to improve existing processes through innovation and creative problem solving.
- Works well both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with source code repositories (SVN, Git, etc.)
- Familiarity with popular IDEs (Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc.)
- Korean language skills are a plus but not required.
- Previous semiconductor experience is a plus but not required.
- Web development experience is a plus but not required.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.