We are looking for a 4G/5G Air Interface Call Processing Senior Systems Engineer to join our Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a subject matter expert in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce Samsung products to Wireless Carrier.
Role and Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for development of product requirements, feature requirements, systems and performance analysis, conduct deep-dive customer sessions, new technology introduction of virtualized networks.
- Responsible for analyzing the customer requirements, converting them into system requirements and capturing of detail design for the development team.
- Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases
- Perform detailed analysis of 4G/5G Wireless Call Protocols. Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting the issues
- Provides expert technical support in the pre-sales process and creates compelling technical and commercial solutions in order to help achieve the assigned sales goals and business objectives.
- Translates and communicates complex technical design considerations between the Samsung sales team and carriers’ network business
- Educate our customers on Samsung’s new products and services both individually and in a team environment. Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
- Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams from SEA and Samsung HQ to achieve successful new product roll-outs and developments.
- Ability to travel sporadically during the project.
Skills and Qualifications
- Subject Matter Expert in driving the technical solutions to customer through complex organizational dynamics
- Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
- Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
Background & Competencies Required:
- Minimum of 12 yrs. of industry experience in wireless is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in EE/CS; Advanced degree is beneficial
- Must have understanding on 5G concepts such as Hybrid Beamforming, Massive MIMO, New Waveforms, LTE-NR interworking & co-existence, 5G Numerologies etc.
- Experience with ongoing 3GPP Rel-15/16 activities is beneficial
- Experience with system engineering activities such as feature requirements identification, feature description documentation, parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy creation, problem troubleshooting is desirable
- Strong knowledge in 5G and 4G air interface and call processing technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
- Good understanding of overall Wireless systems with emphasis on PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
- Experience with protocol analyzers, test tools such as XCAL, QXDM, Wireshark, Channel Emulator, Spectrum Analyzers, and Signal Generators.
- Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks
- Experience with SW development is beneficial
- Understanding of HW as well as SW architecture
Necessary Skills and attributes:
Demonstrated ability to interact at all levels within customer's organizations. The ability to negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer leadership, directors and managers with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations. The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple strategic programs and simultaneous performance objectives. The ability to write, read, interpret, explain and act based on a thorough understanding of technical documents, engineering materials and contracts or related documents. Ability to make professional sales and business presentations in writing, through email, reports, or orally, including complex business and technical matters to an audience of high technical skills, management and operational experience. Ability to support a cross-functional Samsung team to achieve customer contracted objectives and specific team goals within established time frames and requirements. Assist in and if needed direct the Samsung team in lab and field trials related to introduction of products sold to the customer.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.