The Product Engineer is responsible for supporting both mechanical parts within the product engineering group for Samsung’s Washing Machine product line. In this role, he/she will provide product and technical solutions for parts (such as drum and frame assembly), support the development and implementation of new models, and drive engineering changes and improvements through product lifecycle management.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide product and technical solutions for mechanical parts, including taking quick and direct action to correct problems that arise on the production line
- Inspect and qualify parts during new model launches
- Identify and understand the key features that are critical-to-quality and critical-to-function
- Create work instructions, visual aids, work aids highlighting critical points and differentiating features.
- Utilizing the change management process, collaborate with cross functional teams to make changes to the bill of material, drawings, and engineering specifications/standards
- Through product lifecycle management, implement projects focused on quality, safety, and productivity
- Support technical training of new team members
- Create and revise standards, policies, and procedures related to development and engineering
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management; job duties may change based on needs
Skills and Qualifications
Background, Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong problem solving and root-cause analysis preferred
- Experience with Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly preferred
- Experience with injection molding, sheet metal stamping preferred
- Experience in 6 Sigma and Lean preferred
- Strong competency in verbal and writing communication skill
- Excellent proficiency in MS Power Point, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
- Strong organizational skills and work efficiency
- Must be able to work on and manage projects independently and meet deadlines
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.