The Product Support Engineer will be responsible for engineering analysis; product design evaluation and testing to ensure Samsung Electronics America (SEA) Home Appliance (HA) products operate according to the highest quality and service quality standards.• Conduct new product evaluation and testing for continuous improvement in product and service quality.• Leverage real world experience and knowledge to provide strong recommendations and assist in the design of product improvements.• Analyze, evaluate and test various Home Appliance Product Categories top symptoms and issues that drive high Redo, identify root cause and corrective actions with internal teams, HQ and Factories.• Production and pre-production product evaluations of new and highly complicated products.• New and defective part analysis and reporting.
Role and Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred from an accredited college or university
- Strong technical background and design experience with home kitchen appliances (6-10 years).
- Military, government or hospitality experience or extensive hands on field experience working with appliances (HVAC, Electrician) a strong plus.
- Understanding of manufacturing, engineering and design.
- Bi-lingual English/Korean required
- Experience with multiple home appliance OEMs.
- Experience with engineering analysis, root cause determination, troubleshooting, and training field technicians.
- Expertise in the monitoring of performance KPIs for products, parts, process and servicing.
- Experience performing detailed deep dive reviews on new appliances, providing accurate and timely feedback to HQ product development teams.
- Experience improving process workflow on product quality.
- The ability to understand significant knowledge of home appliance products as well as the service aspects of the consumer product industry
- The ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with multiples levels within the company and with external contacts including customers, authorized service agents, sales & equipment service representatives, etc.
- Work under little supervision and guidance to identify and ensure achievement of team goals and to complete individual work assignments within established time frames.
- The demonstrated ability to solve problems involving highly diverse conditions requiring creativity to search for solutions among learned things.
- The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple assignments and projects. The ability to read, write, follow detailed technical instructions and interpret engineering specifications, materials or related documents.
Skills and Qualifications
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.