Samsung Austin Semiconductor is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the world with more than 3,000 employees and 2.45 million square feet of floor space. Samsung Austin Semiconductor has broad semiconductor process technology offerings serving customers in various application areas including mobile, consumer, networking/high performance computing, Internet of Things, RF and automotive. Since 1996, SAS has invested approximately $17 billion in its Austin, TX campus, making it one of the largest direct foreign investments in United States history. Samsung Austin Semiconductor is a US-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. The Austin facility is one of the few semiconductor plants the company has outside South Korea. Visit www.samsung.com/us/sas.SAS is focused on being the World’s Best Foundry product supplier.
Role and Responsibilities
- Seeking an energetic EHS professional with strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, drive safety initiatives into site operations, and assist with identifying risks that support safety programs for one of the most advanced semiconductor facilities in the United States. Opportunity to work as part of a diverse safety team to help strengthen safety culture and improve hazard elimination for a world leader in manufacturing technology.
- Implement and maintain procedures related to PSM/RMP elements. Work with other department stakeholders to ensure PSM/RMP procedures are effectively implemented within their scope of operations.
- Responsible for building, maintaining, improving, and communicating site safety program elements and requirements with an emphasis on Process Safety Management. This position will serve the role of “subject matter expert” for the programs assigned.
- Ability to anticipate, identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices.
- Develop hazard control designs, methods, procedures and programs.
- Measure, audit, and evaluate the effectiveness of hazard control elements.
- Document and track results to support hazard exposure elements.
- Evaluation of regulatory compliance associated with safety programs/policies.
- Follow plans for monitoring/sampling of hazardous control points.
- Supervise contractor work activities related to safety awareness.
- Work days and hours: 1st Shift.
Skills and Qualifications
- 7-10 years’ experience in Health & Safety.
- Familiarity with OSHA, ISO, ANSI, and NFPA regulations in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor of Science in safety, engineering, industrial hygiene, environmental science, or closely related field.
- CSP or CIH certification is a plus.
- Familiarity and experience with OSHA PSM and EPA RMP program elements. Demonstrated ability to lead organizational efforts towards BKM and maintain compliance with requirements.
- Familiarity with hazardous materials, related regulations and NIOSH standards
- Experience with contractor management and multi-employer workplace safety management.
- Ability to perform training to ensure proper H&S practices and awareness.
- Working knowledge of ISO 45000, 14001, 50001.
- Familiarity with OSHA Regulatory/Reporting Guidelines.
- Strong preference for experience at a semiconductor manufacturing (FAB) facility.
- Experience dealing with federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software programs which include: Word, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.