The contract Senior Windows Systems Engineer will provide subject matter expertise in the Microsoft product ecosystem.
Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Windows Systems Engineer will provide subject matter expertise in the Microsoft product ecosystem.
As an expert in Microsoft solutions, you will fill a key technical role on a team with equally dedicated and passionate engineers supporting our Windows Servers, Linux Servers, and Active Directory Domain Services.
- Demonstrate an understanding of industry standards and practices, change management, troubleshooting, testing and validation techniques
- Proficiency with standard Windows platform tools, systems, and procedures
- Collaborate with application and infrastructure engineers and support the defining-designing-delivering of technical solutions which are fit for purpose and fit for use
- Manage and support multiple Active Directory Domain Service environments including: Active Directory Certificate Services, Group Policy, Active Directory Federation Services
- Develop PowerShell scripts for administrative tasks and automation
- Support Identity management for AD and SAML environments
- Maintain the integrity and security of Windows servers and endpoints using SCCM and system hardening techniques
- Root cause analysis of system malfunctions and/or other unplanned outages and provide recommendations for resolution and prevention
Skills and Qualifications
- BS degree and 3 + years’ experience
- Demonstrated work experience in Active Directory Domain Services
- Demonstrated work experience in IT infrastructure, including Cloud solutions
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Expertise in Identity Management, Active Directory, Windows Server, SharePoint Server, Exchange Server, Windows 10, and System Center Configuration Manager
- Experience in IT infrastructure area, IT architectures, including Cloud solutions experience
- Good understanding and experience practicing DevOps principles and deployment, cloud-ready architectures utilizing IaaS/Paas/Container, event-driven and micro service architectures
- Hands-on experience in virtualization platforms (Hyper-V, VMware)
- Understanding of Cybersecurity and data privacy requirements, network topology, load balancing and network segmentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Enterprise Linux platforms
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.