Shopify is on a mission to scale our platform while simultaneously improving our shared developer experience. With the growth of product adoption and the release of exciting new features we need the help of passionate, detail-oriented, and flexible developers - Does this sound like it could be you?
The Web Admin (Shopify Web) team sits in the Foundations core group, Shopify web is used by all online store merchants, and is a high-impact Tier 1 app. It’s a great way to get exposure to the latest and greatest of the Web platform at scale! The app is written in Typescript and React, and communicates with core using GraphQL.
As a senior developer on the Web Admin team, you’ll work with other talented web developers who work on evolving the Web Admin app.
You'll be working on:
- Web performance and making Shopify fast.
- Scaling application development. More teams are moving to Web, and we need to ensure that we create an application that is robust, well-tested and modular. This will allow teams to add their domain-specific logic to their sections quickly and easily. This includes providing the best developer tooling and education for Web Admin working with the Web Platform team.
- Helping us stay leading edge. The Web platform moves quick, and patterns and best-practices evolve quickly. Help us ensure that we are ready to upgrade to the newest versions of our libraries and tooling like React, Typescript, sewing-kit, etc. by refactoring and rewriting old patterns and components.
- Keeping the Web Admin infrastructure and shipping pipeline and continuous integration (CI) healthy. Our merchants depend on the Web Admin to keep their business running, and we need to ensure that the app is healthy, and our deploys are moving smoothly.
This role may be for you, if:
- Some experience with React, Typescript and GraphQL is required, but you can develop and deepen your skills on the go, as we have excellent patterns and documentation to get you going!
These skills will be a bonus:
- This might also be a great opportunity for Senior Backend developers looking to level-up their Web platform skills.
- Development experience with ruby-on-rails or other backend programming languages.
- Dev-ops experience managing servers, docker containers, VMs, shell scripting, etc. Experience mentoring junior developers, leading teams or projects.
Closing date: September 30th at 9pm EDT
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming. We truly appreciate your effort and Tiffany is an actual real live person (✌🏾) and is looking forward to learning more about you and your interest in joining the Web Admin team.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.