Senior Security Automation Engineer
Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices. We employ over 1000 staff across eleven offices globally, and, having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at £1.4bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth. It’s a hugely exciting time for Skyscanner and the over 80m people who use us every month. We are unbiased and free; our secret is in our unique proprietary technology that connects people directly to everything the travel industry has to offer.
We are seeking a Senior Security Automation Engineer to join us in our Barcelona office and be part of our highly distributed global team. Do you relish automating all the things? If you enjoy a range of technical challenges you can expect a variety of areas to contribute to- Static code analysis, Infrastructure as code, AWS monitoring, Docker and AMI scanning, Machine learning for anomaly detection, ChatOps, DevOps among other bleeding edge technologies.We're building some exceptional security tooling, allowing our engineers to ship changes quickly in a secure way. We are automating processes in AWS, the build and deployment pipeline. You can take a peek of what we are doing here:
Skyscanner operates in a Tribes and Squads model and we have created an engineering culture where there is a high level of trust, autonomy and transparency. Our engineers work in autonomous teams (squads), they create their own backlog, they ship code whenever they want and don't have dependencies in order to deliver to travellers. Our engine uses global scale services, big data and machine learning to capture, normalise and make sense of real time information from our thousands of partners.
What you can expect as a senior software engineer:
· A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
· A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions
· Overall responsibility of multiple key product feature components within your area
· You will define and implement services that make up a complex sub system within the scope of your area
· Collaboration across all relevant product engineering development lifecycles
· An opportunity to influence the engineers around you
Knowledge and experience:·
· An ability to converse in English is essential.
· Previous job experience as a software engineer ideally within an internet economy business.
· Metrics driven approach to decision making, prioritisation and continuous deployment.
· Modern engineering mindset- moving fast with confidence backed up by experimentation and split testing.
· Use of agile/lean methodologies for continuous delivery and improvement.
· Comfortable balancing trade-offs between technical, analytical and product needs.
· You make others better proactively through code reviews, documentation, technical guidance and mentoring.
· Capable of building a new service codebase from scratch, scaling through component driven development.
· Proficiency in Python.
· Design and implement immutable infrastructures with AWS and/or Kubernetes.
· Design and implement microservices considering the needs for scalability, high availability and failure tolerance.
· Architect and implement complex, secure, highly available and scalable platforms using AWS.
· Proficiency in AWS Cloud Security.
· Performed security assessments of Web Applications, Mobile applications, Infrastructures and Corporate Networks.
· Experience in the secure development life cycle (SLC).
· Experience integrating automation tools and services in a continuous delivery / integration pipeline.
· Experience integrating Dev Operations automation across the board through self-designed tools and chatbots.
What else can we offer you……
We also provide for your health with medical insurance, health screening options, gym membership, headspace subscription and an employee assistance programme to support you and your loved ones. Then it gets really interesting, and you can buy more holiday, donate to a good cause, take part in 2 hackdays per year, and 1 charity day, work from your home country for up to 3 weeks, spend up to 30 days working from another of our offices globally. You also have the option to take part in our extended annual leave which is an additional 3 weeks’ break (unpaid) after 3 years’ service or take 5 weeks’ break (paid) after 5 years’ service.
At Skyscanner, we put travellers at the heart of everything we do and we’re obsessed with turning their travel dreams into reality. And we’re only 1% done! Highly curious. Highly motivated. Highly skilled. We bring great minds together to make the hard stuff easy for travellers. Are you one them?