LaFourchette/TheFork i s looking for a Quality Assurance and Test Automation engineer with significant experience in a pure play internet company. We are working to improve the culinary experience by offering simple and intuitive tools for restaurateurs and consumers, both on the web and though native apps. You will be in charge of supporting the different teams in their software quality approach, to pilot the projects necessary for the improvement of the software quality and to improve continuous integration and deployment processes.
LaFourchette, a TripAdvisor Company, is the European leader in online restaurant booking. We are an innovative and fast-growing company building a unique community to transform the way people eat out! LaFourchette’s goal is to become the #1 app for online restaurant booking world-wide.
Why join us?
You are passionate about technology and comfortable with an international and agile environment. You're
ready for the challenge of building a web-scale SaaS solution that reliably serves millions of consumers
24x7 in a dozen countries. You want to build fast and intuitive front-ends alongside scalable services to
power the leader in online restaurant bookings. You will join a dynamic and agile team in a quickly
changing environment. You will be involved in an international organization that empowers its employees
and works hard to allow each person reach their full potential.
As Tests Automation Engineer, you will work with development teams in order to :
- Maintain and improve tests tools and ensure their suitability through the addition of new tests
- Support development teams and managers in the implementation of their quality approach:
- Help them to go forward with automatic functional test framework (Behat, Selenium, Appium)
- List any missing or unsuitable tools with their test needs
- Track possible regressions and set up mitigation solutions with the teams involved
- Evangelize our dev teams to best practices defined by the QA in an international context
- Manage deployment and support software quality tools with development teams
- Follow up automation of functional and/or integration tests
- Promote the improvement of functional test coverage
As Quality Assurance Engineer , you will:
- Participate in the prevention and correction of software quality problem
- Participate in project new project definition and identify potential risks / side effects
- Participate in the implementation of monitoring tools and pre / post release alert
- Fluidify the deployment process (continuous deployment)
- Ensure an active technological watch to be proactive in adopting new tools and / or new technologies to ensure scalability of TheFork products
In addition , you will:
- Assist the head of Agility and Quality department in the set-up of KPI's Dashboards for
developments teams, Product teams and top management.
- Participate in the implementation of performance and quality tracking tools
What technologies are we using?
● Our front-end solutions are built upon ReactJS, Redux, LESS/SASS, Webpack, ES6, respecting BEM methodology over material design styleguides,
● Our back-end technical stack relies mainly on PHP/Symfony and NodeJS framework. We also use relationa l databases (MySQL and PostgreSQL), memcache, R abbitMQ ,
● Our architecture is moving to a SOA system with API and services communicating through JSON-RPC
● Our websites and servers are monitored with New Relic and mobile apps with Fabrics (Crashlytics)
● We are using unit, functional and integration testing to have quality proof software
● We are using Capistrano, Jenkins, Docker, chef, vagrant to setup our continuous integration system
● We are in the process of migrating to Kubernetes for orchestration
● You have experience as web developer in a pure player or as Quality Asssurance Engineer
● You know front-end framework like AngularJS ou ReactJS
● You have experienced in Continuous Integration with Jenkins, Github and Gitlab
● You are aware about monitoring tools like Grafana or Promotheus
● You are seasoned in the collection and analysis of logs (Elastic Search, Logstash or FileBeat)
● Passionate and attentive to new technologies, you are rigorous, dynamic & curious, equipped with an agile mindset and a strong team spirit that allow you to adapt to a changing environment.
● You are comfortable writing and speaking in both English and French.
● You are data-driven but also have excellent soft skills.
LaFourchette Core Values
Speed Wins • We never stop learning • Act as an owner • We are better together • We love food •We believe in Transparency.
Code it today. Launch it tomorrow. The power to positively impact millions of travelers worldwide can be yours on our Engineering & IT Team. We're at the forefront of technology, leveraging the newest innovations, working with big data and solving complex problems alongside the best in the business.