About the team
About the role
Defining a horizontal MVP for all the touchpoints in a home transaction is herculean, and requires consensus and ground-breaking collaboration. As the director of engineering you'll help your three teams craft their charter, and play a central role in delivering a frictionless experience that's core to our Zillow 2.0 aspiration.
Your time will be invested coaching, mentoring and setting objectives, while forming relationships in all directions, up, down, and sideways. You'll contribute to evolving the agile development process and deepening investments in reliability, automation, and cost efficiency.
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are
- 10+ years in software development experience with progressive leadership roles.
- Experience leading full-stack development, setting direction, crafting MVPs cross functionally, road-mapping, and artfully prioritizing technical debt and new ideas.
- In the ven diagram of engineering and product, your circles overlap.
- Well developed consumer technical expertise gained by building highly reliable, distributed systems powering multi-customer, web and mobile products.
- You want to know how things work and aren't afraid to dig in to find out. You can talk about how it all works and why, with any audience.
- You pause, listen and collaborate well cross-functionally, with geographically distributed teams.
- A gift for finding clarity in ambiguity and aiming for action through consensus.
- An ability to see around corners, communicate trends, opportunities and threats that may impact the company.
- Experience leading with heart, empathy, and vision, while inspiring those doing the work to achieve extraordinary results, and successful careers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related field (or comparable experience)
Get to know us
Zillow Group, the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web, is building a safe, on-demand real estate experience. Whether selling, buying, renting or financing, customers can turn to Zillow's businesses to find and get into their next home with speed, certainty and ease.We are on a mission to help people unlock their next chapter and are building transformational tools and services that create an on-demand real estate transaction experience. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help them finish it — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index, Fortune Best Workplaces for Technology, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials, Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents, Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads, JUST Capital 100 Company, and the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
See what information we collect about you.