About the team
The Zillow Group Rentals Growth team powers the largest rental network in the US. The growth team is focused on helping grow our landlord base and make Zillow Rentals have the largest inventory of rental listings in the US as well as adding quality features to our rental websites - HotPads and Trulia. Imagine being a member of a group of highly-motivated, highly collaborative developers working on some of the most exciting and successful products for Zillow Group.As a team, we:- Build products that genuinely affect the way people find a quality place to live- Work on initiatives that are among the highest priorities for Zillow Group- Collaborate with multiple teams across all of our consumer brands- Deploy multiple times a day- Value “culture add” over “culture fit”- Follow a lightweight lean/Kanban methodology
About the role
We are a small, yet highly effective engineering team made up of front end and back end engineers who truly care about the product we're developing and about each other. We enjoy everyday challenges without sacrificing work-life balance.
Being part of the team will provide you an opportunity to:
- Collaborate with design, product managers, and other developers to help define and architect efficient, reliable, and maintainable web services and supporting systems.
- Be involved with all aspects of the SDLC - from prioritizing, planning, defining, scoping, architecting, implementing, testing, launching, debugging, and supporting.
- Be nimble and able to work across multiple code-bases
- Have your ideas thoughtfully considered and potentially make it into a product
- Work closely with a Consumer Care team and other quality partners to ensure the integrity and customer happiness of our products that are near and dear to its users.
- Build and implement robust monitoring and alerting systems to ensure high-uptime for features.
- Work with the latest technologies for building web applications - AWS cloud services, React, Redux, Node, NextJS.
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related field (or comparable experience)
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Have the ability to tackle complex problems with practical, maintainable, and scalable solutions
- Care about quality and testing
- Comfortable and confident when it comes to expressing what you know, especially when performing code reviews.
- Building UIs with modern tools like ES6, React, Redux, and Webpack on the front end
It'd be great if you have:
- Experience in Typescript
- Solid understanding of GraphQL
- Solid understanding of databases
- Experience in NextJS
- Experience in serverless architecture
- JS focused full-stack development
- Knowledge of SEO standard methodologies
- Knowledge of Organic search discoverability and engagement
In additional to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location.
Get to know us
Zillow Group, the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web, is building a safe, on-demand real estate experience. Whether selling, buying, renting or financing, customers can turn to Zillow's businesses to find and get into their next home with speed, certainty and ease.
We are on a mission to help people unlock their next chapter and are building transformational tools and services that create an on-demand real estate transaction experience. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help them finish it — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index, Fortune Best Workplaces for Technology, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials, Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents, Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads, JUST Capital 100 Company, and the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
See what information we collect about you.