We are a small, yet highly effective engineering team made up of folks who truly care about the product we're developing and each other.
We use Java predominantly on the back end and ES6, React, and Node on the front endYou'' be empowered to contribute their own ideas and understand the businessWe deploy multiple times a dayWe follow a lightweight lean/Kanban methodology
We learn from each other to improve our craftThis role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
- 4+ years of experience or its equivalence in a software engineering role post graduation
- Responsible and supportive of the team where possible, making contributions big and small
- Comfortable and confident when it comes to setting technical direction, performing code reviews, answering questions, and providing guidance to more junior engineers- Can empathize with the many different types of people who use Zillow Group's products- Experienced and enjoy building reliable back end services with Java or other object oriented languages
- Building UIs with modern tools like ES6, React, Redux, and Webpack on the front end
- Have the ability to solve complex problems with practical, maintainable, and scalable solutions- Care about quality and testing- Have self-awareness and strive to continually improveIn additional to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location.
Zillow Group, the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web, is building a safe, on-demand real estate experience. Whether selling, buying, renting or financing, customers can turn to Zillow's businesses to find and get into their next home with speed, certainty and ease.
We are on a mission to help people unlock their next chapter and are building transformational tools and services that create an on-demand real estate transaction experience. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help them finish it — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index, Fortune Best Workplaces for Technology, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials, Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents, Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads, JUST Capital 100 Company, and the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.