About the team
Zillow Offers (ZO) is a new offering that simplifies the home selling process by allowing homeowners to sell directly to Zillow. Selling a home is a major life event that can be both stressful and time-consuming. At Zillow Offers we offer to buy homes for cash, providing the transparency and support required to make an informed decision and resulting in more control and less hassle for sellers. Zillow then takes care of the work to prepare the home for market and sell to the next interested buyer. Buyers shopping for a Zillow-owned home have the peace of mind that they are getting a safe and functional home from a brand they trust.This is a bold new business and is made possible by a dedicated and encouraging team working together to build technology that scales to real estate markets across the country. We partner with local professionals across the real estate industry to deliver outstanding transaction experiences for buyers, sellers, and agents.We pride ourselves on our ability to innovate, and our unwavering focus on our mission. We celebrate the successes of our team members and embrace our failures as opportunities to learn. We believe that creativity and innovation are key to success. We are committed to delivering on ambitious goals and you will help us get there!
About the role
The Principal Software Development Engineer role on Zillow offers Acquisition team build technology and front end components that delight seller experience. You will lead architecture and design of front end components and backend services across various team. Additionally, you will research and pioneer the adoption and use of new technologies, apply your experience to problems at every level of the tech stack, and champion operational excellence with a real passion for best-in-class, bulletproof product. You will direct and create technical strategy not only for Acquisition org but can be applied to other parts of Zillow Offers businesses.
This is an exciting time to join the team! Zillow Offers is still early in its growth and there are a lot of opportunities to have a huge impact. You’ll be joining a passionate team of developers and will bring your own creativity and experience to help solve challenging technical and operational problems. Our team is full stack and uses modern engineering frameworks to build and deliver solutions to customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership across Seller Experience teams and collaborate in Zillow wide initiatives that ties technical investments to business results
- Mentor junior developers, including providing both technical and cultural leadership by example
- Work on strategic platforms and propose technical/quality strategy and roadmaps. You’ll determine what needs to be done and collaborate across teams on these initiatives.
- Design and implement reliable, performant and scalable Front end and backend solutions
- Deliver sophisticated and intuitive front-end experiences and build scalable frontend and backend solutions
- Exercise agile software development practices to deliver and iterate quickly
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field or years of equivalent experience
- Proven experience in directing the designing, coding, debugging, and delivering web applications and backend services
- Collaborative working style with a strong focus on flawless execution and results
- Dedication to great engineering operations, demonstrated through depth and breadth of knowledge
- Experience in an iterative approach to software development combined with the goal of adapting quickly and thinking big
- Experience with AWS, distributed systems and frontend development a plus
Get to know us
Zillow Group, the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web, is building a safe, on-demand real estate experience. Whether selling, buying, renting or financing, customers can turn to Zillow's businesses to find and get into their next home with speed, certainty and ease.We are on a mission to help people unlock their next chapter and are building transformational tools and services that create an on-demand real estate transaction experience. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help them finish it — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index, Fortune Best Workplaces for Technology, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials, Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents, Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads, JUST Capital 100 Company, and the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
See what information we collect about you.