About the team
We are a growing team of experienced and diverse Front-End Engineers who are passionate about making Zillow web experiences fast and delightful to our users. Site performance is among the most direct contributors to user engagement and business results, and we're seeking an experienced Front-End Engineer to join a new, high-impact team focused on performance spanning all products across Zillow Group. We collaborate closely with Engineers and Architects across the company, as well as Product and Project Managers to discover and implement the best web performance solutions. You’ll work on a multifaceted and agile development team that isn’t afraid to take big swings to get the best results. We believe that #perfmatters for our users and we love to try new things and learn from them. We grow by doing so and you will, too! Here is a brief selection of the technologies we use:- ES6, Typescript, HTML5, CSS3, Webpack- React, Next, Redux- Node, GraphQL- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS- Google Lighthouse, WebPageTestWe are looking for a hardworking and passionate Senior Front-End Engineer to join us in our mission to make zillow.com the fastest real estate site on the internet! We continuously challenge ourselves by refining and pushing the limits of how we deliver our web experiences so they are timely and phenomenal for our customers.
About the role
We are growing fast, so does our mission, and we need your help! If you are up for a challenge, don’t look any further! Are you (1) an engineer who is passionate about web performance, (2) who loves to work with innovative front-end technology, (3) enjoys enhancing user experiences and products to keep them loading fast, (4) someone who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment in which we continuously iterate to create best-in-class experiences? We’d love to talk to you! This role will allow you to:
- Support development efforts that are among the highest priorities for Zillow Group
- Introduce and apply innovative front-end performance technologies
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers
- Help foster a long-term culture of performance
- Build runtime, build time, deploy time performance tooling and monitoring solutions
- Work closely with front-end developers who are also eager to work with and learn from you
- Help us shape and optimize Zillow development processes and practices
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are
- You have a Bachelors in Computer Science or related field or years of equivalent experience
- You have 5+ years professional experience with front-end/full stack development
- You have strong hands-on experience writing enterprise-grade applications with React, Next or similar web libraries and frameworks
- You embrace technical leadership and decision making
- You understand that collaboration is key to innovation and overall success
- You are a specialist in debugging and performance profiling in stand-alone browsers and in-app webviews
- You recognize that #perfmatters and that it always will
- You are familiar with the latest open source front-end tech, trends and standards
- You are a strong believer in best and efficient software development principles, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- You are passionate about writing clean, performant and well-tested code
- You are a self-starter and you love working on a dynamic team
- You love working creatively and solving challenging problems
- You communicate well with both product managers and engineers, and receive feedback openly
Get to know us
Zillow Group, the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web, is building a safe, on-demand real estate experience. Whether selling, buying, renting or financing, customers can turn to Zillow's businesses to find and get into their next home with speed, certainty and ease.We are on a mission to help people unlock their next chapter and are building transformational tools and services that create an on-demand real estate transaction experience. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help them finish it — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index, Fortune Best Workplaces for Technology, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials, Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents, Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads, JUST Capital 100 Company, and the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
See what information we collect about you.