Your role in this will be centered on the improvement of new and existing features on our site. Additionally, you will be reviewing the code of your peers, advocating for standard front end development methodologies, and participating in an inclusive, energetic and highly cross-functional team.
- Responsible and supportive of team where possible, doing things big and small
- Experienced architecting large systems
- Comfortable and confident when it comes to setting technical direction, performing code reviews, answering questions, and guiding more junior engineers
- Can empathize with the many different types of people who use Zillow Group's products- Ideally have 8+ years of experience or its equivalence in a software engineering role- Experienced and enjoy building reliable back end services with Java or other object oriented languages on the back end, as well as building UIs with modern tools like ES6, React, Redux, and Webpack on the front end.
- Have the ability to solve complex problems with practical, maintainable, and scalable solutions- Care about quality and testing- Have self-awareness and strive to continually improveIn additional to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location.
Zillow Group, the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web, is building a safe, on-demand real estate experience. Whether selling, buying, renting or financing, customers can turn to Zillow's businesses to find and get into their next home with speed, certainty and ease.
We are on a mission to help people unlock their next chapter and are building transformational tools and services that create an on-demand real estate transaction experience. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help them finish it — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index, Fortune Best Workplaces for Technology, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials, Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents, Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads, JUST Capital 100 Company, and the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.