About the team
Imagine being a member of a group of highly-motivated, highly collaborative developers working on one of the most exciting and successful products in Zillow history. Rental Applications / Tenant Screening was launched in 2018 and has become a linchpin in the Zillow 2.0 strategy to bring transactions to renters and landlords. The product is growing in popularity and adoption among our target customers, the executive leadership of Zillow is passionate about the future of the product, and we have work to do! We need the right engineer to help make it happen!
About the role
- Work with and help lead a large engineering team in a Squad-based model.
- Collaborate with design, product managers, and testers to help define and architect efficient, reliable, and maintainable web services and supporting systems.
- Be involved with all aspects of the SLDC - from prioritizing, planning, defining, scoping, architecting, implementing, testing, launching, debugging, and supporting.
- Write high-quality, maintainable code and automated tests to support the team the product.
- Work closely with a Consumer Care team and other quality partners to ensure the integrity and customer happiness of a product that is near and dear to its users.
- Build and implement robust monitoring and alerting systems to ensure high-uptime for features.
- Engage and collaborate with third parties to integrate with industry-leading data and services.
- Help refine how the team and group can work together more effectively through Agile processes such as retrospective meetings.
- Work with the latest technologies for building web applications - AWS cloud services, Spring Boot, React, Redux, NodeJS.
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related field (or comparable experience)
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer
- A record of delivering, launching, and supporting quality software in both IC and management roles
- Experience with web frameworks such as NodeJS and Spring Boot (or equivalent)
- Proficient with an object oriented language such as Java, C#, or Objective-C.
- Experience with web-development languages, frameworks, and tools: HTML, Sass, Less, styled-components, React, Redux, GraphQL
Get to know us
Zillow Group, the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web, is building a safe, on-demand real estate experience. Whether selling, buying, renting or financing, customers can turn to Zillow's businesses to find and get into their next home with speed, certainty and ease.We are on a mission to help people unlock their next chapter and are building transformational tools and services that create an on-demand real estate transaction experience. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help them finish it — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index, Fortune Best Workplaces for Technology, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials, Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents, Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads, JUST Capital 100 Company, and the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
See what information we collect about you.