About the team
We are a team of 10 experienced and diverse backend engineers who are passionate about building integrated experiences and services to delight our users. We work closely with engineers and architects on other engineering teams and locations within ITX and other teams in Zillow Group, as well as product and project managers and designers. You'll have weekly 1:1 meetings with your manager, work in an agile development team and oversee and work closely with your peers to discuss ideas and own projects from start to end. We think the best products and features are those that ship, and aren’t afraid to take risks and fail. We grow by doing so and so will you! Here is a brief selection of the technologies we use:• Java 11+, Spring / Spring Boot framework (most of our backend code is written in Java)• Various AWS services• RDBMS (RDS/MySQL/Redshift) and NoSQL (DynamoDB)• Github, Gitlab, Jenkins, Selenium/TestNG• Docker, Kubernetes
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the ITX development team in the heart of San Francisco. We continuously challenge ourselves by redefining and pushing the limits of our innovative, scalable and reliable transaction platform to enable real estate professionals and consumers to collaborate and get deals done. We are growing fast and so does our mission and we need your help! If you are up for a challenge, don’t look any further! You are an experienced and highly passionate engineer who loves technology, enjoys creating services and products and thrives in a fast-paced environment? We’d love to talk to you! This role will allow you to:
- Overlook and drive development for new business initiatives
- Create and maintain business-critical products, features and services
- Introduce and apply cutting-edge technologies
- Collaborate with other teams in multidisciplinary areas
- See and own projects through their entire lifecycle
- Pitch new ideas & apply your strong engineering expertise
- Help growing our team of motivated engineers eager to learn from you
- Help us shape and optimize our development processes and practices
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are
- You have 6+ years professional software developing experience
- You have strong hands-on experience writing enterprise-grade applications and services in Java or another language on the JVM
- You have strong experience in designing and developing scalable, robust and high performing backend services including efficient and optimized API and protocol design
- You’ve a proven track record designing and building lean, efficient and extensible RESTful web-service APIs
- You are familiar with most common open source software and frameworks with focus on the JVM
- You know when and how to utilize microservices but you also understand the trade-offs when applying SOA
- You are a strong believer in best and efficient software development principles (e.g. SOLID OO-design, design patterns) and processes (e.g. TDD, peer reviews, automation)
- You have excellent debugging and profiling skills
- You have worked with a major Cloud service provider, preferably AWS
- You are passionate about writing clean and well-tested code
- You are a self-starter and you love working self-driven in a dynamic team
- You have experience mentoring junior developers
- You love working creatively and solving challenging problems
Get to know us
Zillow Group, the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web, is building a safe, on-demand real estate experience. Whether selling, buying, renting or financing, customers can turn to Zillow's businesses to find and get into their next home with speed, certainty and ease.We are on a mission to help people unlock their next chapter and are building transformational tools and services that create an on-demand real estate transaction experience. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help them finish it — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index, Fortune Best Workplaces for Technology, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials, Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents, Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads, JUST Capital 100 Company, and the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
See what information we collect about you.